Hey Kids, Have You Heard The News? MOSAIC's IN TROUBLE!!!

41 minutes ago, mjzee said:

They're probably just in the long process of closing up shop in an orderly manner.  I'm surprised they still own the Fairfield Avenue building.

Do they own it or rent it? I'd be surprised if they own it; ties up a lot of capital. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would guess the chances of a Bill Barron Mosaic are probably pretty low at this point--and the Armstrong's undoubtedly in the mix because they feel confident that it would sell well.  The "open house" does give me pause for concern, but perhaps it is simply a matter of looking to possibly close several years down the line, which wouldn't be surprising at all.  Or they could simply need cash to move forward with the Armstrong and any other projects on the drawing board.  

50 minutes ago, ghost of miles said:

I would guess the chances of a Bill Barron Mosaic are probably pretty low at this point...

You're waaaaaayyyy more optimistic abut that than I have been for, like, the last 5 or so years, whenever Cuscuna started backing more and more out of driving projects.

29 minutes ago, mjzee said:

I'm surprised they still have the Stamford building.  I'd have thought they'd have sold it when they outsourced the warehouse and shipping functions.

Do you think they own the building? I expect they rent space; buying a building would require serious capital.

Stanford office space has boomed over the past 25 years, so if Mosaic does own the Stamford building (which I seriously doubt), they probably have a sizable mark-to-market real estate profit.;)

[Added] No possible way they own the building. 425 Fairfield Ave. in Stamford is 80,000 square feet on 5 acres, zoned industrial. There are a whole bunch of tenants beside Mosaic (which is in Suite 421).

Edited by T.D.

I bought a Mosaic (Tristano, Konitz, Marsh) from jackie_martling last week. Will receive soon.

Advanced search on eBay can find members or sellers. Ebay says (to search for a buyer, follow instructions below but click "Find a member" or "Find contact information" instead of "By seller"):

To search for items by seller:
  • Click the Advanced link at the top of the eBay home page.
  • Under the Items heading on the left side of the page, click By seller.
  • Enter the seller's user ID. If you're not sure of the seller's user ID, select the Show close and exact user ID matches option.
  • Click the Search button.

Edited by T.D.

1 hour ago, T.D. said:

[Added] No possible way they own the building. 425 Fairfield Ave. in Stamford is 80,000 square feet on 5 acres, zoned industrial. There are a whole bunch of tenants beside Mosaic (which is in Suite 421).

OK.  I used to live in Stamford, and bought some things at their old address...assumed from (faulty) memory that it was 425 Fairfield Ave.  Their old address was a small building in the industrial side of Stamford, and it looked to me like it was their building (sign on the door, you walk into a receptionist area, receptionist was very nice...sigh, those were the days).  I remember looking to the left and seeing a bookcase with discographies, probably used in their research.

It's glib and negative to be a doomsayer, but everything I've heard of / from Mosaic over the past few months clearly spells "liquidation" (I worked in the financial business and have been perusing financial news for decades). Would love to be proven wrong...