Hey Kids, Have You Heard The News? MOSAIC's IN TROUBLE!!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, Brad said:

I emailed Scott today, asking about the Open House and he replied that things are fine; they’re just cleaning house and getting things out of their storage facility they really don’t need.

So why do you get an answer, but King Ubu doesn't!!

4 hours ago, Brad said:

I emailed Scott today, asking about the Open House and he replied that things are fine; they’re just cleaning house and getting things out of their storage facility they really don’t need.

Good to hear !

4 hours ago, jlhoots said:

So why do you get an answer, but King Ubu doesn't!!

Royal (non) prerogative?

I certainly hope the do see the Savory set through until its release and marketing in due form (and for an appropriate span of time).

That would be a major accomplishment as it makes NEW music available.

As for whatever comes afterwards ... big shrug ... (after all that's gone on in recent months you tend to be more and more fatalistic about it ... )

Edited by Big Beat Steve

I sent a "hello" yesterday and realized my initial mail dates back to late December ... time flies!

New job, new life, kinda ... and less present on the interwebs these days, but still dropping by here, every now and then, often just to read though.

Either way, it does somehow feel a bit as if the Mosaic era may come to an end (they started doing reissues before that got big, they keep on doing it for a longer time than most did ...) - though I certainly hope to be proven wrong!

7 minutes ago, mr jazz said:

Opinions on the Turrentine set??

I bought mine in 2010.  If you like that era Blue Note, it seems essential.  Just look at the players!  Some of my favorite dates in the box were in the vaults for many years, and first appeared on this twofer:

R-1292242-1363030461-1583.jpeg.jpg

54 minutes ago, mr jazz said:

Opinions on the Turrentine set??

Go for it!  I don't think you'll experience regrets... also heartened to see that email (which indicates the Wilson is now expected to ship in mid-March, so hopefully not too much more of a wait on that one).

I'd also encourage anybody who's been on the fence about the 1932-40 Ellington to jump on that one as well.  I just finished listening to that set all the way through again; an amazing stretch of music.  

You know, I'm looking at the Turrentine, and it's only 80 bucks. Didn't realize there were previously unissued materials involved, not many, but a few. That might be a deal maker for me.

Besides, this will put us all one step closer to that Bill Barron set that Cuscuna's surely gonna come out of semi-retirement to drive home to the finish line, one last triumph for unambiguously post-swing Mosaic sets, you go Michael Cuscuna, you GO!

12 minutes ago, JSngry said:

You know, I'm looking at the Turrentine, and it's only 80 bucks. Didn't realize there were previously unissued materials involved, not many, but a few. That might be a deal maker for me.

Besides, this will put us all one step closer to that Bill Barron set that Cuscuna's surely gonna come out of semi-retirement to drive home to the finish line, one last triumph for unambiguously post-swing Mosaic sets, you go Michael Cuscuna, you GO!

For your sake (and for the sake of a good friend who's a Barron fan and who played with him once), I hope that the Barron set does happen.

I was notified that a Mosaic order shipped yesterday. If you can't attend the open house that is coming soon, ask about getting a partial list of what they have available. Michael Cuscuna read my post here and emailed me a list, which I greatly appreciate. I guess that the Teddy Wilson is en route.