Hey Kids, Have You Heard The News? MOSAIC's IN TROUBLE!!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this email has just arrived from Mosaic (good News of Course!9:

Two More Sets Back In Stock

Mosaic Newsletter

July 26, 2017

Limited Editions Back In Stock!

The Complete Clifford Jordan Strata-East Sessions

256email.jpg

Strata-East began as a collaboration between pianist Stanley Cowell and trumpeter Charles Tolliver, who were forced into "self-publishing" when they couldn't find a label that would issue and market their "Music Inc." album.

Clifford Jordan liked what he heard and asked the team if they could press and release sessions he had made headlined by Pharoah Sanders, Charles Brackeen, Cecil Payne, Ed Blackwell, Wilbur Ware and himself on dates from 1968 and '69. The session led by Ware went unreleased until 2012, and the Blackwell session makes its first appearance here.

"The Complete Clifford Jordan Strata-East Sessions," bundles them all for the first time ever. It features the 6 outstanding unreleased tracks, by Ed Blackwell with a drum ensemble and a quartet featuring Don Cherry. Collectively, the sessions are a microcosm of the jazz world in the 1970s, where the power was always on and the ideas were electrifying.

Unsurprisingly, every track is an original - there's not one standard tune in the lot

"Appropriately this box includes what from many perspectives was Clifford Jordan's recorded masterwork, Glass Bead Games..this will certainly rekindle interest in and broaden consideration of Clifford Jordan's overall career, presenting as it does some unpolished diamonds and previously unreleased gems of a late-60s/early 70s recording period that is certainly overdue for this level of retrospective consideration." - Willard Jenkins, liner notes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Charles Mingus
The Jazz Workshop Concerts 1964-65

253largeemail.jpg

We all know about small, medium and large. Coach, Business, and First Class. And then there's urgent, critical, and life-threatening. At Mosaic, we have three stages, too: rare and historically important; acclaimed milestone; and undeniably monumental epic masterpiece.

We've uncovered another one of those epic masterpieces.

The set chronicles the essential live performances of this genius of modern music as his compositions achieved a depth and complexity we would come to know as Mingus's most signature work. It includes (on the earlier recordings) the brilliant Eric Dolphy, along with Jaki Byard, Dannie Richmond, Johnny Coles, and Clifford Jordan -- certainly one of the best assemblages of musicians ever.

Mosaic's box set includes an essay and track by track analysis by Mingus biographer Brian Priestley, an essay on the history of Charles Mingus Enterprises and many rare photographs from the concerts.  This is truly a find worth hearing, worth savoring, and worth collecting.

"Some jazz festivals settle immovable in one's memory," wrote downbeat. "Usually they have that rare and delicious moment when the intensity of a performance, its inspiration, is so overwhelming it sets off something akin to an electric shock... Such a performance roused the Sunday afternoon audience to a cheering, standing ovation at last month's Monterey Jazz Festival..."

line-black.gif

line-black.gif

line-black.gif

Mosaic Records - Limited Edition Collections Available

Trad, Big Band & Swing (CD Collections)

line-gray.gif

Modern Jazz (CD Collections)

line-gray.gif

Jazz Vocals (CD Collections)

line-gray.gif

Mosaic Records HQ Vinyl Series

Stan Getz

Stan Getz

line-gray.gif

DVD Box Set

Jazz Icon DVD Box

Jazz Icon DVD Box (6 DVDs)

Great performances by the John Coltrane Quartet, Thelonious Monk, Freddie Hubbard, Johnny Griffin, Rahsaan Roland Kirk and Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers.

line-gray.gif

line-black.gif

Thank you for your support. Sincerely, All of us at

Mosaic Records

open.aspx?ffcb10-fe521671726d0d7a7310-fd

You have received this email because you provided your email address to a UMG artist or label mailing list

This email was sent to berthold.kraemer@online.de by Mosaic Records. List Manager, Mosaic Records. 425 Fairfield Ave., Stamford, CT 06902
Unsubscribe | Update Profile | View Privacy Policy
pixel.gif?r=2a5e36a5e15df987076a57e73d53

I joined to share what may or may not be old news.  Mosaic are selling numerous new, sealed sets on eBay under their Bluenotesound store.  It took several days to get admin approval of my account here, and many items have been sold in that time. 

The sets I’ve looked at are numbered 0005 to 0035 (“private reserve” no doubt), and are being sold at a market premium, vice original price  So far I have purchased the Herbie Nichols and Teddy Wilson sets.  The UPS shipments come from Mosaic Records in Stamford -- immediately.  (Maybe not from the contract shipper’s warehouse?)

The following sets were listed with multiple copies available for purchase, and are still available:

COMPLETE BLACK LION THELONIOUS MONK-MOSAIC 3-CD SET MINT

COMPLETE BLUE NOTE HERBIE NICHOLS-MOSAIC 3-CD SET MINT

COMPLETE CBS EDDIE CONDON ALL STARS-MOSAIC 5 CD SET MINT

COMPLETE BUCK CLAYTON JAM SESSIONS-MOSAIC 6-CD SET MINT

COMPLETE STAN KENTON HOLMAN-RUSSO -MOSAIC 4-CD SET MINT

COMPLETE CBS STUDIO WOODY SHAW-MOSAIC 3-CD SET - MINT

COMPLETE SERGE CHALOFF-RARE MOSAIC 4 CD SET MINT

Sets with one copy only are/were being auctioned rather than sold (thanks in advance for your competition…).  In this category, more items are still being listed:

COMPLETE BLUE NOTE IKE QUEBEC 45 SESSIONS-MOSAIC 2-CD SET MINT

COMPLETE BLUE NOTE DON CHERRY -MOSAIC 2-CD SET MINT

COMPLETE BLUE NOTE IKE QUEBEC-JOHN HARDEE-MOSAIC 4-LP SET MINT

COMPLETE 1943-47 STAN KENTON -RARE MOSAIC 10-LP SET MINT

COMPLETE BLUE NOTE IKE QUEBEC-JOHN HARDEE-MOSAIC 4-LP SET MINT

BRUNSWICK,PARLOPHONE,VOCALION BUNNY BERIGAN- MOSAIC 7-CD SET MINT

COMPLETE ROOST SONNY STITT SESSIONS- MOSAIC 9-CD SET MINT

COMPLETE 1964-66 BLUE NOTE JACKIE McLEAN - MOSAIC 4-CD SET MINT

COMPLETE PHIL WOODS-MOSAIC 5-CD SET MINT

COMPLETE LOUIS ARMSTRONG DECCA ALL STARS-MOSAIC 6-CD SET MINT

COMPLETE BLUE NOTE LARRY YOUNG-RARE MOSAIC 6-CD SET MINT

COMPLETE COLUMBIA J.J. JOHNSON -RARE MOSAIC 7-CD SET MINT

COMPLETE DUKE ELLINGTON REPRISE STUDIO-MOSAIC 6-CD SET MINT

ATLANTIC NEW ORLEANS JAZZ SESSIONS-RARE MOSAIC 4-CD SET MINT

COMPLETE CANDID OTIS SPANN-LIGHTNIN’ HOPKINS- MOSAIC 3-CD SET MINT

COMPLETE BLUE NOTE SIDNEY BECHET-MOSAIC 4 CD SET MINT

The following items sold in the last week, so are probably gone from Mosaic:

COMPLETE CLEF/VERVE COUNT BASIE STUDIO- MOSAIC 8-CD SET MINT

COMPLETE PACIFIC JAZZ CHICO HAMILTON QUINTET 6-CD SET MINT

COMPLETE BLUE NOTE AMMONS-LEWIS-MOSAIC 2-CD SET MINT (also 3 LP SET)

COMPLETE COLUMBIA JAZZ PIANO MOODS- MOSAIC 7-CD SET MINT

COMPLETE ATLANTIC TRISTANO-KONITZ-MARSH-MOSAIC 6-CD SET MINT

COMPLETE FEB ’57 BLUE NOTE JIMMY SMITH-MOSAIC 3-CD SET MINT

COMPLETE STAN GETZ-JIMMY RANEY-MOSAIC 3-CD SET MINT

COMPLETE KENTON PRESENTS COOPER, HOLMAN, ROSOLINO MOSAIC 4-CD SET MINT

COMPLETE ILLINOIS JACQUET 1945-50-RARE MOSAIC 4-CD SET MINT

COMPLETE RCA PAUL DESMOND w/JIM HALL-MOSAIC 4-CD SET MINT

COMPLETE BLUE NOTE SAM RIVERS-MOSAIC 3-CD SET MINT

COMPLETE CAPITOL JACK TEAGARDEN – MOSAIC 4-CD SET MINT

COMPLETE BLUE NOTE/UA CURTIS FULLER-MOSAIC 3-CD SET MINT

COMPLETE BLUE NOTE/UA THAD JONES-RARE MOSAIC 3-CD SET MINT

CLASSIC CAPITOL JAZZ SESSIONS -RARE MOSAIC 12-CD SET MINT

COMPLETE 1943-47 STAN KENTON -RARE MOSAIC 7-CD SET MINT

FWIW, there are printer cartridges in their list too, but no other goods.  Perhaps winding down; not obviously selling to the bare walls.  Bless ‘em for reinvesting in keeping sets in print.

Mosaic has been selling sets on eBay  for the past couple years.  I've purchased ten or so but I'm buying mostly the LP sets.  I did pick up the Chico Hamilton Quintet cd set for around $135 shipped.  It arrived today in your basic Mosaic box with all the bubble wrap.  Welcome to the board.

17 hours ago, NotAJazzSnob said:

I joined to share what may or may not be old news.  Mosaic are selling numerous new, sealed sets on eBay under their Bluenotesound store.  It took several days to get admin approval of my account here, and many items have been sold in that time. 

The sets I’ve looked at are numbered 0005 to 0035 (“private reserve” no doubt), and are being sold at a market premium, vice original price  So far I have purchased the Herbie Nichols and Teddy Wilson sets.  The UPS shipments come from Mosaic Records in Stamford -- immediately.  (Maybe not from the contract shipper’s warehouse?)

COMPLETE BUCK CLAYTON JAM SESSIONS-MOSAIC 6-CD SET MINT

I still can't believe that this set is now only going for $99 on eBay. I remember when it consistently got >$300. I almost sold mine back then... I wish I had! I could re-buy now for only $99. :)

BTW, that Clayton set is one of my favorite Mosaic sets. Great jams with incredible musicians going on extended solos. The Hawk 's solos are pretty damn good.

16 hours ago, Scott Dolan said:

The $300 price tag is a little too rich for my blood. 

Several on eBay right now for less $200... Here's one for $189 with free shipping: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SEALED-J-J-JOHNSON-MOSAIC-COMPLETE-COLUMBIA-SMALL-GROUP-SESSIONS-CD-BOX-/332289587275?hash=item4d5e00b84b:g:-~UAAOSw4A5Yud32

On 27/07/2017 at 2:02 PM, Kevin Bresnahan said:

I still can't believe that this set is now only going for $99 on eBay. I remember when it consistently got >$300. I almost sold mine back then... I wish I had! I could re-buy now for only $99. :)

BTW, that Clayton set is one of my favorite Mosaic sets. Great jams with incredible musicians going on extended solos. The Hawk 's solos are pretty damn good.

Just picked up one of those nice mint Buck Clayton sets from Mr Cuscuna. I have an LP version but this set is just so great that a digital version for frequent play is justified.

Fantastic 30th St Studio sound !

Edited by sidewinder