1967 Monterey Jazz Festival video link

After talking with Jean-Luc Ponty for an upcoming interview in the June issue of The New York City Jazz Record, I learned that part of his U.S. debut, which took place at the Monterey Jazz Festival in 1967, was on video. I found the link to an old NET broadcast which had been uploaded. Here's the link if you care to view any of it. 

https://archive.org/details/calauem_000153

For those of you wanting song listings and musicians, here you go: 

Flying Home - Illinois Jacquet, John Lewis, Ray Brown, Louis Bellson
Some of These Days - Ray Nance, John Lewis, Ray Brown, Louis Bellson
C Jam Blues - Ray Nance, Svend Asmussen, Jean-Luc Ponty, John Lewis, Ray Brown Niels-Henning Ørsted Pedersen, Louis Bellson
Gentle Rain  - Dizzy Gillespie Quintet (Mike Longo, James Moody, Russell George, Candy Finch)
Something in Your Smile  - Dizzy Gillespie Quintet
‘Round Midnight - Dizzy Gillespie & the Modern Jazz Quartet
New Horizons - Don Ellis Orchestra 

There are some issues with the video in the Gillespie/MJQ number, though the audio doesn't seem to be affected.

Edited by Ken Dryden

Great that the videos via that link are working - last time I checked the Don Ellis collection it threw me off after about 5 minutes for all of the audio and video archive material. Last night I was able to play in full that 1968 San Fran Museum of Art show. Wonderfull !

Good to see Illinois J. in his pomp with John Lewis and co. in the Monterey show. Will check out the rest of it today.

I just received a reply from the Stanford University Library. They dated the performances as being September 15, 1967. 

They evidently don't have the video footage from the public television broadcast. Here is what they have in their collection:

Jazz Violin Conclave

RAY NANCE and trio
1. The Man I Love [incomplete]

JEAN LUC PONTY and trio
2. Sunday Walk
3. Carol’s Garden

SVEND ASMUSSEN, RAY NANCE, JEAN LUC PONTY and quartet
4. [Unidentified septet]

5. [No content]

DIZZY GILLESPIE QUINTET
6. [Sudden Samba?]
7. Gentle Rain [incomplete] genre    

JEAN LUC PONTY, violin ; with GEORGE GRUNTZ, piano ; NIELS HENNING ØRSTED PEDERSEN, bass ; DANIEL HUMAIR, drums

SVEND ASMUSSEN, RAY NANCE, JEAN LUC PONTY, violins ; with JOHN LEWIS, piano ; NIELS HENNING ØRSTED PEDERSEN, RAY BROWN, basses ; LOUIS BELLSON, drums

DIZZY GILLESPIE QUINTET
(DIZZY GILLESPIE, trumpet ; JAMES MOODY, alto saxophone, flute ; MIKE LONGO, piano ; RUSSELL GEORGE, electric bass ; OTIS "CANDY" FINCH, drums)