Art Pepper - Road Waltz

GA Russell

I'm still not sure what happened to the Kitchen Cabinet and why I never got a reply about a faulty track that I can't even re-download to figure out if it went broken on my end ...

Not a big fan of this track-by-track approach, and not sure inhowfar it makes much sense, but then I'm one of the dying breed of CD buyers, so ignore my judgment.

1 hour ago, king ubu said:

I'm still not sure what happened to the Kitchen Cabinet and why I never got a reply about a faulty track that I can't even re-download to figure out if it went broken on my end ...

Not a big fan of this track-by-track approach, and not sure inhowfar it makes much sense, but then I'm one of the dying breed of CD buyers, so ignore my judgment.

Same here .... really do appreciate Laurie`s efforts regarding Art Pepper`s legacy, nevertheless issuing individual tracks is somehow like providing a taster without a following (full) meal ....

This is a different version than the one played in Melbourne. I think it's better. But haven't listened to the Melbourne tracks in quite a while. A Melbourne fan, thinking he was doing Art a favor, slipped Art some pills which combined with whatever Art was drinking to affect the quality of the music not for the better. That's what I recall anyway and why I haven't listened. 

On 5/15/2017 at 5:12 AM, soulpope said:

Same here .... really do appreciate Laurie`s efforts regarding Art Pepper`s legacy, nevertheless issuing individual tracks is somehow like providing a taster without a following (full) meal ....

Have released 9 complete albums on CD.  Find them at Amazon and CD Baby. http:bit.ly//BuyArtPepper.  There are even more cds and LPs offered by Omnivore. I offer the freebies and nearly-freebies (single tracks) as a FAVOR to fans and am kinda surprised to find folks complaining about them--looking into this gift horses mouth. These folks are entitled not to download them, of course. 

Edited by mspepper
Typo

1 hour ago, mspepper said:

This is a different version than the one played in Melbourne. I think it's better. But haven't listened to the Melbourne tracks in quite a while. A Melbourne fan, thinking he was doing Art a favor, slipped Art some pills which combined with whatever Art was drinking to affect the quality of the music not for the better. That's what I recall anyway and why I haven't listened. 

Have released 9 complete albums on CD.  Find them at Amazon and CD Baby. http:bit.ly//BuyArtPepper.  There are even more cds and LPs offered by Omnivore. I offer the freebies and nearly-freebies (single tracks) as a FAVOR to fans and am kinda surprised to find folks complaining about them--looking into this gift horses mouth. These folks are entitled not to download them, of course. 

Dear Laurie bought over the years/decades nearly every Art Pepper release available including the one's issued/curated by yourself .... just shared my personal view on individual tracks (independently whether for free or not. ....) and that some of these are fragments which make me wanna hear the full story .... no more said - but also no less ....

Edited by soulpope