Chris Cornell (1964-2017)

clifford_thornton

I never connected with Soundgarden (SG) particularly, but I did genuinely like Audiosave -- better than either SG or Rage Against The Machine even (a minority opinion, I know). And he was clearly a hell of a vocalist.

My wife has been SG fan going barck to the early 90's, so the news came as quite a surprise to her this morning on NPR at 6:30am.

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Audioslave wasn't for me but Soundgarden, hell yea.

I've been reading about his wife saying no way he would knowingly commit suicide. Maybe that's true in some way but when are people going to learn that you can't just keep taking extra doses of shit like Ativan without it fucking you up to the point you're dead? Very sad, pitiful and stupid. 

Anyways, R.I.P Chris Cornell and thanks for the music.

Edited by catesta

yeah, surely the signs were there but it's hard to see when in the middle of things, even from the outside. I suppose it wasn't an autoerotic mistake?

Anyway, this is an excellent primer and eulogy:

http://pitchfork.com/features/afterword/10080-why-soundgardens-chris-cornell-was-more-than-just-a-grunge-frontman/