Shirley Scott questions

mjzee

In the album "Mucho, Mucho," vibes are clearly heard.  Yet the discographies in Wikipedia and disco.org do not list a vibes player.  Anyone know who it might be?

Similarly, in the album "Scottie Plays The Duke," a piano is clearly heard in addition to the organ.  Yet no mention of who the pianist is.  Anyone know?

1 hour ago, clifford_thornton said:

Phil Diaz is listed as the vibraphonist on Mucho, Mucho (according to the back cover).

Can't speak for Scottie Plays the Duke, however.

Thanks; the discos list Diaz as playing bongos.

On 19.5.2017 at 11:07 PM, mjzee said:

Thanks; the discos list Diaz as playing bongos.

There are no bongos audible on that album! (Record labels have always been ultimately inaccurate in crediting percussionists,)

On 20.5.2017 at 2:19 PM, mjzee said:

Overdubbing in 1959?  Impressive.  Thanks, guys.

Have you listened to the album to verify that organ and piano are both played at the same time? (I do not want to be picky,but my discographical work taught me to always listen to the music before stating anything like this.)

1 hour ago, mikeweil said:

Have you listened to the album to verify that organ and piano are both played at the same time? (I do not want to be picky,but my discographical work taught me to always listen to the music before stating anything like this.)

Listen for yourself: