Steve Hoffman thread: Looking for a jazz tune, SOUNDS like Tony Williams' "LAWRA"

Anyone here happen to have a line on this??

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/looking-for-a-jazz-tune.672600/

I am hoping someone can assist.

My (Steve Hoffman Forum member "CybrKhatru") late father was a huge jazz fan.. he's half (or more than half!) the reason I love jazz too. I knew a lot of his favorites, and many of them became mine as well.

He made many mix tapes from his collection, and one of them had a tune that I cannot find ANYWHERE.

Sadly, he's no longer here for me to ask. Even when he was alive I think I asked him about this track and he didn't remember whom it was!

The song SOUNDS like Tony Williams' "LAWRA", but this piece is slowed down and has a slightly altered melody. It's similar, so I'm wondering if someone else covered and recorded this in the 70s.80s with a quintet lineup (trumpet, sax, piano, bass, drums).

It's NOT the original Tony recording, and it's NOT the two live VSOP takes. I have already ruled them out. (Tony's original has no horns, and the VSOP versions are too fast).

Can anyone help me here? :) Or make any suggestions?