Cuscuna & T-Rex

Eric

So I was listening to a CD copy of "Electric Warrior" by T-Rex.  It is a bonus track version issued in 2003.  I was prepared to hit eject then heard Cuscuna introduce himself as he begins the interview with Marc Bolan.  Interesting to hear him in this context.  Candid, intelligent two-way exchange.  Not sure if it can be streamed anywhere.

Edited by Eric

WPLJ was the album-oriented rock station when I was growing up. Definitely remember Tony Pigg, no idea if it was the same JJ Jackson but original VJ Mark Goodman went from WPLJ to MTV.

And if I paid attention to Michael Cuscuna it was purely by accident and years before the name meant anything to me. :blink:

I remember Cuscuna from WABC-FM, when it was really free-form.  One day, I came home from school to hear him playing Coltrane's My Favorite Things (the version from Newport).  I liked it; in its energy, it reminded me of Cream.

Cuscuna's had an interesting, varied career.  I picked this up recently (the Collectibles version) to find it was produced by him.

MI0003527049.jpg