itunes trouble

John L

I am a long time iTunes user.  I have a large digital collection and manage my musical manually with a number of different iPods.   Suddenly, iTunes is no longer allowing me to load any music onto any of my iPods.  The musical files are there.  I can play them on iTunes.  But I cannot transfer them anywhere.  Does anybody have any idea of what could be going on?  Thanks

What operating system are you using? 

Does your device show up in the appropriate panel showing that iTunes recognizes it? 

When you say it won't transfer, what exactly does that mean? Are you getting an error message, or does it simply not do anything once you click apply? 

Are your iPods and iTunes software completely up to date? 

Have you rebooted your computer, as well as your iPods? 

1 hour ago, Scott Dolan said:

What operating system are you using? 

Apple OS X El Capitan

Does your device show up in the appropriate panel showing that iTunes recognizes it? 

Yes, the device shows up.

When you say it won't transfer, what exactly does that mean? Are you getting an error message, or does it simply not do anything once you click apply? 

No error message.  When I drag music to the iPod, nothing happens

Are your iPods and iTunes software completely up to date? 

Yes

Have you rebooted your computer, as well as your iPods? 

Yes, I even restored one of my iPods to factory settings to see what would happen.  That iPod is now empty and I can't put any music on it. 

Interesting thought. But even if he maxed out, why would that prevent him from loading to his current devices? At least the ones that were already approved. 

Do you drag and drop, mjzee? Or do you check and apply? The reason I ask is that I've never dragged and dropped on my iMac. Well, exception being hen I create playlists.