• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, HutchFan said:

I'm jealous! ;) 

I've only been to Ronnie Scott's twice, both times many years ago.  And I regret that I never had an opportunity to see Cedar perform.  

I saw him a number of times over the years at Scott’s - on one occasion he was part of a double bill with Prof. Irwin Corey (!) The band always had Billy Higgins and David Williams in the lineup - sometimes it was just his trio, on other occasions ‘Eastern Rebellion’ with tenor. On one occasion with the trio, had an amiable short chat with Cedar  and he confirmed that he had just recorded with Milt Jackson and was about to head out to Back Bay, CA to do a week of gigs. Must have been about 1983.

Over the years I saw him solo, trio, with ‘Eastern Rebellion’ and with George Coleman (post-Rebellion).

Last time I saw him was in 1999 I think, free open-air gig in LA with George Coleman, David Williams and the irreplaceable Mr. Higgins.

He was consistently excellent when seen live - without exception.

Edited by sidewinder

16 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

I saw him a number of times over the years at Scott’s - on one occasion he was part of a double bill with Prof. Irwin Corey (!) The band always had Billy Higgins and David Williams in the lineup - sometimes it was just his trio, on other occasions ‘Eastern Rebellion’ with tenor. On one occasion with the trio, had an amiable short chat with Cedar  and he confirmed that he had just recorded with Milt Jackson and was about to head out to Back Bay, CA to do a week of gigs. Must have been about 1983.

Over the years I saw him solo, trio, with ‘Eastern Rebellion’ and with George Coleman (post-Rebellion).

Last time I saw him was in 1999 I think, free open-air gig in LA with George Coleman, David Williams and the irreplaceable Mr. Higgins.

Very nice!  ... I'm not surprised that Cedar was consistently excellent. You could say the same thing about his records. :tup 

On 16.1.2019 at 5:50 PM, sidewinder said:

Saw him with Eastern Rebellion - feat an outstanding Bob Berg - in the late 70's ....

• 2 weeks later...