Post a pic

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

main_900.jpg?1557167196

The Human Touch: Human/Nature Winner. It’s no exaggeration to say that André Bauma, the head caretaker at the Senkwekwe Center for orphaned gorillas in Virunga National Park, risks his life daily for the animals in his care. In recent decades, more than 170 rangers have been killed in the park, and the Senkwekwe Center has been overrun by rebels on multiple occasions. Even in these moments, Bauma has never abandoned the center’s gorillas. "Gorilla caretakers with those gorilla orphans? We are the same family," he says. "They know we are their mums." #

James Gifford / BigPicture Photography Competition

2 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Personally I think that's Don Cheadle.

'Tis.   It's amazing, the number of times I've seen this sort of mistake:  James Stewart as Glenn Miller, Steve Allen as Benny Goodman, Diana Ross as Billie Holiday...  It's almost as frequent as flipped photos of "left-handed trumpets".

On 5/11/2019 at 8:32 PM, Aggie87 said:

I think it's Cheadle too.  While I like him, I don't see Miles when I look at his portrayal, at all.  And I haven't seen the film, is it worth checking out?

I thought the film was great fun. I didn't take it "seriously" and wouldn't suggest that mindset going in.

neu:m039nv45z?datastream_id=thumbnail_4

A young Reverend Michael E. Haynes, former pastor of the Twelfth Baptist Church and participant in the Lower Roxbury Black History Project, poses with his older brother, Roy Haynes, jazz drummer, on an unidentified street in Roxbury, Massachusetts.  1943-1945

On 5/21/2019 at 11:10 AM, Coda said:

neu:m039nv45z?datastream_id=thumbnail_4

A young Reverend Michael E. Haynes, former pastor of the Twelfth Baptist Church and participant in the Lower Roxbury Black History Project, poses with his older brother, Roy Haynes, jazz drummer, on an unidentified street in Roxbury, Massachusetts.  1943-1945

Wow!  Thank you for posting this picture.  I'll be seeing him next week for the 2nd time this year (11th time altogether).  I can't wait to show my wife this.