Post a pic

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Think again. If there's anything in the image that can be taken that way  -- and more than one board member, not counting me, did take it that way -- don't post it. 

When you did post it,  what was your thinking? Did you think it was just an amusing slice of contemporary Americana? What?

First, I was responding to a complaint from another board member who found the image political and offensive (I agreed, and such images are forbidden here). Second, by leaving the image as posted for all to see, I would have allowed the poster to continue his forbidden and to some offensive behavior.

As near as I can recall, the posted image was of the back of a person's denim jacket on which appeared the words (roughly -- I'm relying on memory): "If you don't like [or maybe it was "love"] America, I'll kick your ass." Nothing political about that, huh?

Further, that poster has crossed the no-politics line a good many times before this. And why not tell him so in a public manner? In the past, PMs have not dissuaded him IIRC.

48 minutes ago, Larry Kart said:

First, I was responding to a complaint from another board member who found the image political and offensive (I agreed, and such images are forbidden here). Second, by leaving the image as posted for all to see, I would have allowed the poster to continue his forbidden and to some offensive behavior.

As near as I can recall, the posted image was of the back of a person's denim jacket on which appeared the words (roughly -- I'm relying on memory): "If you don't like [or maybe it was "love"] America, I'll kick your ass." Nothing political about that, huh?

Further, that poster has crossed the no-politics line a good many times before this. And why not tell him so in a public manner? In the past, PMs have not dissuaded him IIRC.

I agree that this was not a particularly inspiring or useful picture to post on this thread, but unless this jacket was provably worn by an imposter outside the US, I'd say "Don't shoot the messenger".

Food for thought, maybe? ;)

BTW, if you felt it was appropriate to delete it I as an onlooker would certainly not complain, but I find it pointless to go on publicly about "hey, I've deleted your picture", etc. Tell him in a PM and make your point clear. That should totally serve the purpose of admonishing HIM.

2 hours ago, Big Beat Steve said:

I agree that this was not a particularly inspiring or useful picture to post on this thread, but unless this jacket was provably worn by an imposter outside the US, I'd say "Don't shoot the messenger".

Food for thought, maybe? ;)

BTW, if you felt it was appropriate to delete it I as an onlooker would certainly not complain, but I find it pointless to go on publicly about "hey, I've deleted your picture", etc. Tell him in a PM and make your point clear. That should totally serve the purpose of admonishing HIM.

Previous posts from this "messenger" (not that I have them on file, but I do recall their general nature/slant) suggest that he agrees with the sentiment on the jacket.

I told him publically, and in terms that made my point clear, because PMs in the past have had no effect on him. 

Further, it is a political statement, no?  And those are forbidden on Organissimo, as this poster knows full well --  as does everyone else here, I assume.