• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
On 8.2.2022 at 10:30 PM, JSngry said:

Is that M. Monroe? Did she really smoke? No wonder she died young!

I don´t know if she did smoke, but I think the cause of death was another one. 

And sure, smoking can kill, but I would not generalize it that way.

In my case: 1 after breakfast while drinkin coffee

1 for afternoon coffee

1 after dinner

1 after makin´ love...

I don´t think this will kill me too soon. No excesses, like other "goodies" you have, if it is not to excess: Not too much eating, sometimes a piece of chocolate, until 2 years ago on glass of beer on friday evening .... that´s all.

• 3 weeks later...

That Max picture is yet another picture of the wonderful Neumann U-47 mike.

I see it all over the place. As most of you know, Rudy van Gelder had about the third one imported into the United States. He had it modified, so that musicians could play right next to it without distortion. This gave much improved sound, compared with that horrible RCA mike with the flat faces at about a 200 degree angle. Miles stuck his harmon mute right into it.

cGVn.jpeg

This photo of Yusef Lateef & yours truly was taken during his sole concert in the city of his birth. I know that Avery Sharpe was his bassist, but I have forgotten who the pianist and drummer were that night. I had the date with the photo file, but neglected to label it when I transferred it. He gave me a copy of a CD he wrote of classical music, played by a solo pianist. 

1 minute ago, Ken Dryden said:

cGVn.jpeg

This photo of Yusef Lateef & yours truly was taken during his sole concert in the city of his birth. I know that Avery Sharpe was his bassist, but I have forgotten who the pianist and drummer were that night. I had the date with the photo file, but neglected to label it when I transferred it. He gave me a copy of a CD he wrote of classical music, played by a solo pianist. 

Very cool photo! I'll have to look for that cd, I bet the music is interesting. I'm not a Billy Joel fan, but I have a Sony Classical cd of solo piano music composed by Joel and played expertly by another and I really like it.

Added: I found two cds, a long one by Wayne Tice, and a shorter (one sonata) cd by Nadine Shank. Couldn't find a copy of the Shank for sale, but did find the Tice and ordered it.