Live in Los Angeles at PJ's Club

Hardbopjazz

That's been around for several years, on Gambit.  The original 1965 LP release on Emerald is tracks 1-7, with Jerry Scheff on electric bass, and drummer Frankie Capp.  It was a very fine record, but I don't think Spector had anything to do with it other than his company distributed it.

There are 3 sessions added to that:  Kessel and Larry Ridley (b) and Don Lamond (d) from 'Denmark' on a single track, likely during a George Wein tour.  There are similar others, but all done in England, so Denmark may be a pirate's diversion.

Kessel is heard on three tracks from a Swedish TV show but the bassist and drummer are unknown.  At the same time he recorded with Sture Nordin on bass and drummer Pelle Hulten so they're probabilities, I'd suggest. 

A final track has Burrell and Green joining Kessel at Ronnie Scott's in 1969 for  a scrappy seven-and-a-half minute blues that I'd say is for fans only, I'd say.  It would have been fun to be there, but...

1 hour ago, Ted O'Reilly said:

...I don't think Spector had anything to do with it other than his company distributed it.

I've heard that Spector "made the record happen" out of admiration for Kessel as a guitarist in general, and as a valued contributor to so many of his sessions in particular.

10 hours ago, JSngry said:

I've heard that Spector "made the record happen" out of admiration for Kessel as a guitarist in general, and as a valued contributor to so many of his sessions in particular.

...Very well could be.  I'm sure Barney was on lots of Spector's sessions.  I've never heard of Specotr having any particular interest in jazz though.  I wonder if he did?

I don't know if Spector was really a "jazz fan", but it does seem to me that I recall him being a guitarist of sorts himself, so between that and seeing Kessel up close and in action on any number of occasions, I think it would be safe to say that he was an admirer. Spector was not a total musical illiterate, I know that much.