Unissued Coltrane

Late

Theoretically, the reels would be lost in the fire or even tossed out years ago. Our only hope is those backup tapes Rudy made for Coltrane on a separate machine. I will never understand why Coltrane was the only one who got backup copies to take home. Archie Shepp told me he did not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So ... Ravi has the "unissued" Seattle broadcast tapes? They've been bootlegged before (if I'm even talking about the correct recording), but an official release is most welcome.

Very surprised that a Coltrane "Bootleg Series" hasn't been started much, much sooner, if that's what this indeed appears to be.

59 minutes ago, Late said:

So ... Ravi has the "unissued" Seattle broadcast tapes? They've been bootlegged before (if I'm even talking about the correct recording), but an official release is most welcome.

Very surprised that a Coltrane "Bootleg Series" hasn't been started much, much sooner, if that's what this indeed appears to be.

Were the Seattle tapes discussed above? If there is more Penthouse material, I assume the source would be the same that Cory Weeds and Zev Feldman have access to.