piano-centric (or guitar) versions of tunes originally with horns (but sans horns)

I'm intrigued by piano trio (and other solo piano, or guitar-trio, solo-guitar, or groups fronted by vibes, etc..) versions of tunes that are MUCH better known in versions that have one or more horns on the front line (as in their de facto performance line-up would include one or more horns).

For instance, piano-trio versions of tunes by Charles Tolliver (of which I've stumbled on a couple), and the like.  Anyway, here's a damn fine one I just discovered a couple days ago.  Please list some more of your favorites, and YouTube links too (if you can).

Larry Willis w/ Buster Williams and Al Foster -- "I Have a Dream" (Herbie Hancock)

...and Jimmy Ponder covering "Milestones" on solo guitar...

Edited by Rooster_Ties

3 hours ago, Milestones said:

"Homecoming", found originally on Hollands's Seeds of Time in mid-80s (with 3 horns), then about a decade later as title track of an album by Gateway Trio.   Both are great, but I like the guitar version (Abercrombie) a bit better. 

Here seems to be a live version.  Very nice!!  (And I know this tune quite well, having owned (and loved) Seeds of Time on CD for a good 20-going-on-25 years.)

Edited by Rooster_Ties