Norton Records 50% off Until End of June

I don't know if this is the best spot for it but I just got an email from Norton Records that they are trying to reduce inventory prior to a move and are offering 50% off every non-Norton label CDs.

For me this means the remaining Stompin volumes (vintage blues and R&B) have all been scooped up at the low price of $7 a piece. Lots of other roots comps they offer so check it out!

www.nortonrecords.com

1 hour ago, rostasi said:

I don't see this mentioned on their website.
I could be looking in the wrong place.
Could this be just for people on their mailing list?

I think the announcement is to email people but try it by clicking on something and the new price automatically appears.

OK, so those Stompin titles are really $36 per vinyl
and the CDs are usually $28 each?

OK, I see your OP - and you're saying that it's supposed to show $7 ...
Well, I'm signed in, so maybe they're reduced at checkout 'cause it isn't showing anything but $14 right now.

Yeah, so at checkout on some of the Stompin' titles they show a discount.
Ok, great! Thanks for the heads-up!

Edited by rostasi

1 hour ago, rostasi said:

OK, so those Stompin titles are really $36 per vinyl
and the CDs are usually $28 each?

OK, I see your OP - and you're saying that it's supposed to show $7 ...
Well, I'm signed in, so maybe they're reduced at checkout 'cause it isn't showing anything but $14 right now.

Yeah, so at checkout on some of the Stompin' titles they show a discount.
Ok, great! Thanks for the heads-up!

It is CD only so any vinyl won't get it.

There are some other comps of note, anyone who doesn't have "Don't Freeze on Me" should consider that one if you like female blues vocalists.

I'll check that out too!

I started collecting the Buffalo Bop stuff on vinyl (and Bison Bop) in the mid-80s
until I ended up with all of them, so I've been lovin' their label for a good while now.

Thanks again!

Edited by rostasi

• 2 weeks later...

Well somehow I ended up receiving duplicates of some CDs, so here's your chance to get some of their stock at even cheaper rates than the now-concluded sale. Prices include USA shipping. First four are sealed.

Bad Bad Whiskey - The Galaxy Masters (Specialty) - Charles Brown, Guitar Watson, Johnny Taylor - $6

Dootone Rock'n' Rhythm and Blues (Ace) $7

Goin' Down to Louisiana The  Goldband Downhome Blues Anthology (Ace) $7

Honkin' N' Hollerin' R&B from the Radio Corporation Volume 1 (Westside) - comp of RCA releases $7

Get Hot - Sleazy Rhythm 'n Blues Volume 3 (Blazon Records) - comp of R&B by female artists, 1945-54 - $6

On 04/07/2017 at 4:00 AM, Dan Gould said:

Well somehow I ended up receiving duplicates of some CDs, so here's your chance to get some of their stock at even cheaper rates than the now-concluded sale. Prices include USA shipping. First four are sealed.

Bad Bad Whiskey - The Galaxy Masters (Specialty) - Charles Brown, Guitar Watson, Johnny Taylor - $6

Dootone Rock'n' Rhythm and Blues (Ace) $7

Goin' Down to Louisiana The  Goldband Downhome Blues Anthology (Ace) $7

Honkin' N' Hollerin' R&B from the Radio Corporation Volume 1 (Westside) - comp of RCA releases $7

Get Hot - Sleazy Rhythm 'n Blues Volume 3 (Blazon Records) - comp of R&B by female artists, 1945-54 - $6

PM sent on the last four.