Mayweather v McGregor

This "event" is a total farce of the highest order. I've denied Mayweather my hard-earned bucks for years, and certainly won't help him pay his tax bill now. I hope people save their money and spend it instead on Golovkin vs. Alvarez on Sept. 16th. Now that has the potential for being a great fight. I only wish that Showtime was broadcasting it, instead of HBO. I can't stand Lampley and Kellerman, but I do enjoy Showtime's team of Mauro Ranallo, Al Bernstein and Pauli Malignaggi. 

I have to agree, this whole thing is ridiculous. Fuck McGregor and double fuck Mayweather for having to do this because he needs the money. For that reason alone I'd like to see him go down but that would only happen if this was in an MMA ring. 

sonnymax, i do believe Showtime has this one, not HBO.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a dream last night where the fight was taking place in a swimming pool. McGregor swam over to Mayweather and hit him just once with a looping left in or just below the ribcage, and Mayweather slid right down the side of the pool to the bottom, totally stunned, badly hurt, limp and perhaps even unconscious. Bout over, rescue operations commence. You heard it here first.

As they say -- Oh, THAT dream.

16 hours ago, Larry Kart said:

Had a dream last night where the fight was taking place in a swimming pool. McGregor swam over to Mayweather and hit him just once with a looping left in or just below the ribcage, and Mayweather slid right down the side of the pool to the bottom, totally stunned, badly hurt, limp and perhaps even unconscious. Bout over, rescue operations commence. You heard it here first.

As they say -- Oh, THAT dream.

Don't you mean, Darn That Dream^_^

On 7/29/2017 at 9:35 AM, sonnymax said:

As I said before, screw the M vs Mc spectacle. Instead check out this fight Tonight on Showtime:

910x350-Boxing-Broner-Vs-Garcia-V5-5d53d

Garcia definitively banished Broner's relevancy as a contender.  Garcia was my pick to win, and his boxing and discipline, never getting out of position to counter and getting Broner to fight in his lulls making him uncomfortable, was masterful.  AB was so much better as a 130-135 pounder when he'd walk guys down and let his hands go................  the transition to Mayweather-lite was horrendous for him, he doesn't have the IQ to pull it off.  I had Garcia winning 117-110, only gave AB rounds 1 and 9.  Once Mikey let his hands go round 2 on he was too much.  Broner's antics outside of the ring are disturbing to say the least, he needs help, if he's legitimately threatened to take his own life, on social media twice. The political divides should be brokeen so Garcia can fight Loma and Crawford.  I think he beats Lomachenko in a very good, close fight, but not sure if he beats Terrance Crawford, he is something special. GGG-Alvarez is the fight I will most likely order but right now, I am saving everything for Japan in November.  My pick is GGG if he moves and boxes, Canelo has trouble with movement, but Canelo is GGG stands in front of him.  The Jacobs fight (which I ordered) showed GGG showing his age a bit  My take on Mayweather-McGregor is here:

On 7/29/2017 at 9:35 AM, sonnymax said:

As I said before, screw the M vs Mc spectacle. Instead check out this fight Tonight on Showtime:

910x350-Boxing-Broner-Vs-Garcia-V5-5d53d

Garcia definitively banished Broner's relevancy as a contender.  Garcia was my pick to win, and his boxing and discipline, never getting out of position to counter and getting Broner to fight in his lulls making him uncomfortable, was masterful.  AB was so much better as a 130-135 pounder when he'd walk guys down and let his hands go................  the transition to Mayweather-lite was horrendous for him, he doesn't have the IQ to pull it off.  I had Garcia winning 117-110, only gave AB rounds 1 and 9.  Once Mikey let his hands go round 2 on he was too much.  Broner's antics outside of the ring are disturbing to say the least, he needs help, if he's legitimately threatened to take his own life, on social media twice. The political divides should be brokeen so Garcia can fight Loma and Crawford.  I think he beats Lomachenko in a very good, close fight, but not sure if he beats Terrance Crawford, he is something special. GGG-Alvarez is the fight I will most likely order but right now, I am saving everything for Japan in November.  My pick is GGG if he moves and boxes, Canelo has trouble with movement, but Canelo is GGG stands in front of him.  The Jacobs fight (which I ordered) showed GGG showing his age a bit  My take on Mayweather-McGregor is here: https://youtu.be/2Z26-d-8ScQ

• 3 weeks later...