Tim Berne's Snakeoil US Tour Dates

K

NEWS...Gaudi's new albu6 -    Newport, RI @ Newport Jazz Festival

Aug 6 -    Newport, RI @ Newport Jazz Festival

Sept 13 - New York, NY @ Jazz Standard

Sept 14 - Newburgh, NY @ Queen of the Hudson

Sept 15 - Baltimore, MD @ An Die Music Live!

Sept 16 - Chicago, IL @ Constellation

Sept 17 - Los Angeles, CA @ Bluewhale

Sept 18 - Reno, NV @ University of Nevada Reno Campus (Workshop)

Sept 19 - Reno, NV @ Laughing Planet

Sept 20 - Portland, OR @ Fremont Theatre

Sept 21 - Seattle, WA @ The Royal Room (workshop @ Cornish in afternoon)

Sept 22 - Phoenix, AZ @ The Nash

Sept 23 - San Francisco, CA @ SFJazz, JHL

Sept 29 - New Orleans, LA @ The Old U.S Mint (w/ Local Musicians)

Sept 30 - Pittsburgh, PA @ City of Asylum (Trio w/ Matt Mitchell & Kate Gentile)

Oct 1 -     Pittsburgh, PA @ City of Asylum (Double Solo Concert w/Matt Mitchell)

Oct 6 -     Philadelphia, PA @ Fringe Arts (Snakeoil + Sun of Goldfinger)

Dec 1 -    New Haven, CT @ Firehouse 12

tic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, BFrank said:

Saw him tonight. Great show. I don't often get to see this kind of outside jazz very often, but it's always challenging and entertaining at the same time.

I see this sort of Jazz often but Berne's Snakeoil is unique. Ches is one of a kind and Berne's compositions are challenging. I just saw them 10 days ago. I brought a good friend who had never seen a jazz show, let alone a somewhat 'out' band like this. He loved it, bought the CD and is going to see them again on 12/1 in New Haven. He is also going with me to see Tony Malaby, Daniel Levin & RANDY PETERSON. If he loves THAT band, his life will change forever. 

Berne was also hilarious and did a 30 minute sit down talk/Q&A and he told some cool funny stories. 

12 hours ago, Steve Reynolds said:

I see this sort of Jazz often but Berne's Snakeoil is unique. Ches is one of a kind and Berne's compositions are challenging. I just saw them 10 days ago. I brought a good friend who had never seen a jazz show, let alone a somewhat 'out' band like this. He loved it, bought the CD and is going to see them again on 12/1 in New Haven. He is also going with me to see Tony Malaby, Daniel Levin & RANDY PETERSON. If he loves THAT band, his life will change forever. 

Berne was also hilarious and did a 30 minute sit down talk/Q&A and he told some cool funny stories. 

Yeah - I liked Berne's sense of humor!

I always lump Malaby and Berne together, actually. Not that they're the same, but ...

21 hours ago, BFrank said:

Saw him tonight. Great show. I don't often get to see this kind of outside jazz very often, but it's always challenging and entertaining at the same time.

Yeah, I caught him too.  Great show.

He's got a great sense of humor but I was a little sad when I asked him why Ryan Ferreira wasn't with the group.  "I can't afford to take a quintet on the road.  I probably can't afford to take a quartet on the road."

4 hours ago, Guy Berger said:

Yeah, I caught him too.  Great show.

He's got a great sense of humor but I was a little sad when I asked him why Ryan Ferreira wasn't with the group.  "I can't afford to take a quintet on the road.  I probably can't afford to take a quartet on the road."

I don't imagine that touring is very profitable for him, unfortunately.