Electronics in jazz.

Hardbopjazz

I'm curious to find out how others feel about the use of electronics in jazz music. I recently bought the new release of David Binney, "The Time Verses." There are tracks on this session with electronics. For some reason I can't get myself to accept the user of electronics or computers with jazz. A few years back, I saw Cecil Taylor with Tony Oxley at the Village Vanguard. I actually attended 11 of the 12 sets that week. Tony Oxley used computers and electronics on a few sets. I just couldn't understand or get into the electronic sounds when used in jazz. That week was recorded by someone and I got a copy of the sets. I was listening to a few sets tonight and I still don't get the use of electronics and computers in jazz. Even Bill Frisell at times turns me off to his music. Bill uses electronics. Does anyone else here fell this way?

Edited by Hardbopjazz

Dude, I hears Sextant a few years before I heard Maiden Voyage, Black Is The Color even more years before Inner Urge, Svengali at least as many years before Out Of The Cool, so...no I don't feel that way. To me it's just another palate. Totally respect that not everybody hears it like that, but that's what I hear, just more sounds to work with.