Oscar Peterson "Exclusively For My Friends" 2015 reissue

Has anybody on the board picked up the 2015 8-CD anthology of Peterson's MPS recordings?  I have the old 4-CD version of this, plus a couple of his other MPS recordings... while I enjoy them a great deal, not sure I'm ready to bite on this new version, at least at its current $90 price:

Oscar Peterson Exclusively For My Friends 8-CD 2015 version

Also not sure how much of an expansion this really is--the original 4-CD set combined 6 LPs, which in this new version have each been given their own disc, and all of disc 7, at least, has been released before, contrary to the description at Amazon. 

Edited by ghost of miles

In answer to your opening question, allow me to respond individually by saying that no, I have not up this picked.

The concept, though, is like those Original Album Classics things, you can either save discs and combine LPs however they fit together, or you can make more discs and replicate a semblance of the original packaging. For me it comes down to how I want to have the music, and if it's a draw, I go for which ever way is cheaper.

I have both box sets and while I can detect a difference in the mastering on the new set (a little warmer) I wouldn't say it is worth a repurchase simply because the original box also sounded very good. If you are happy with the versions you own I'd stick with those.