Art Pepper - The Complete Maiden Voyage Sessions

GA Russell

Laurie Pepper is giving away the 14-minute track Landscape.

https://artpepper.bandcamp.com/track/free-landscape

She also says...

IN HONOR OF ART PEPPER'S BIRTHDAY (SEPT. 1)... The Lovely folks at Concord are releasing the COMPLETE MAIDEN VOYAGE sessions (for download only). These 3 nights at the Maiden Voyage in L.A. with George Cables, David Williams, and Carl Burnett were some of the most memorable nights of my life. This was Art's road band at the end of his life. They'd been touring nonstop for about a year, and they were tight. That's why this particular Landscape is an almost mystically telepathic exchange between the guys. For me, Landscape is also one Art's most exciting originals. That first held note always makes the hairs on the back of my neck rise and my heart beat faster. I harangued those poor folks at Concord, because this set was not available from them AS A SET, complete. BUT NOW IT IS! IT IS! 
To hear some more tracks from this session, right here on Bandcamp, go to 
artpepper.bandcamp.com/track/arts-birthday-gift-2-tracks (Free for the Week of Art's Birthday)(includes the best "Everything Happens to Me" you've ever heard) 
artpepper.bandcamp.com/track/arthurs-blues-maiden-voyage 
artpepper.bandcamp.com/track/free-thank-you-blues

Edited by GA Russell

3 hours ago, GA Russell said:

Laurie Pepper is giving away the 14-minute track Landscape.

https://artpepper.bandcamp.com/track/free-landscape

She also says...

IN HONOR OF ART PEPPER'S BIRTHDAY (SEPT. 1)... The Lovely folks at Concord are releasing the COMPLETE MAIDEN VOYAGE sessions (for download only). These 3 nights at the Maiden Voyage in L.A. with George Cables, David Williams, and Carl Burnett were some of the most memorable nights of my life. This was Art's road band at the end of his life. They'd been touring nonstop for about a year, and they were tight. That's why this particular Landscape is an almost mystically telepathic exchange between the guys. For me, Landscape is also one Art's most exciting originals. That first held note always makes the hairs on the back of my neck rise and my heart beat faster. I harangued those poor folks at Concord, because this set was not available from them AS A SET, complete. BUT NOW IT IS! IT IS! 
To hear some more tracks from this session, right here on Bandcamp, go to 
artpepper.bandcamp.com/track/arts-birthday-gift-2-tracks (Free for the Week of Art's Birthday)(includes the best "Everything Happens to Me" you've ever heard) 
artpepper.bandcamp.com/track/arthurs-blues-maiden-voyage 
artpepper.bandcamp.com/track/free-thank-you-blues

Definitely good news .... but what a pity this release is download only .....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Here's a link to the download from Amazon.  The price seems a bit steep for downloads.

https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Maiden-Voyage-Concerts-Angeles/dp/B0752X1MDW/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1515097847&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=art+pepper+maiden+voyage+sessions

But, whoa... iTunes has the Complete Galaxy Recordings box for $59.99.  That's a good deal for 16 discs worth of music.

10 hours ago, JSngry said:

The Amazon DL price is $56.49. The physical product, though, is $199.97, three times as much!

That's why I decided to track down the music on individual discs (CD or LP), rather than plopping for the Galaxy set.  It's too pricey. :o

Of course, I miss out on some "box set only" tracks.  Then again, it's always fun to hear the music in its originally-issued context. 

• 2 weeks later...