BFT for September

medjuck

17 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Is track 5 Lennie Breau with bassist Dave Young from 'Live at Bourbon Street'?

Track 9 - Dave McMurdo Jazz Orchestra (with Reg Schwager)?

Track 11 - Abide With Me/Blue Monk. Woody Allen? :D

Track 12 - Sonny Greenwich? With Ed Bickert, Don Thompson and Terry Clarke.

Track 13 - Trombone Shorty?

Wow, how did you pick out Trombone Shorty on Track 13? I have a CD by him, and have seen him live, and I could not do it.

Turns out I had mixed up my numbers on tracks 8 and 9 so I will have another go on track 8.

Track 2 - Is that Eddie South?  I’ve definitely heard this one before.

Track 6 - Eugene Chadbourne on slide guitar?

Track 8 - Hearing this again the trombone soloist sounds to me a bit like Dave Bargeron so I will go for 1970s Clark Terry Big Bad Band. If so, possibly an Ernie Wilkins arrangement and Virgil Jones or Lew Soloff on trumpet.

Track 9 - The clean line playing of this guitarist remind me of Louis Stewart and oddly enough, very early Joe Pass.

14 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Turns out I had mixed up my numbers on tracks 8 and 9 so I will have another go on track 8.

Track 2 - Is that Eddie South?  I’ve definitely heard this one before.

Yes! But who's the singer?  (I've already given a big clue.) 

14 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Track 6 - Eugene Chadbourne on slide guitar?

No.

Track 8 - Hearing this again the trombone soloist sounds to me a bit like Dave Bargeron so I will go for 1970s Clark Terry Big Bad Band. If so, possibly an Ernie Wilkins arrangement and Virgil Jones or Lew Soloff on trumpet.

No. 

Track 9 - The clean line playing of this guitarist remind me of Louis Stewart and oddly enough, very early Joe Pass.

No. 

On 4.9.2017 at 3:38 PM, medjuck said:

Are you Canadian?  You got three out of 4 of the Canadian guitar players.  And 4 out of 5 of the guitar players. 

9. his single lines really sound like they influenced bickert. canadian, huh? the guy wes endorses in that tv interview? nelson symonds (sp?)?

2 hours ago, Hot Ptah said:

medjuck, I want to say that this is one of my all time favorite Blindfold Tests. I listen to Blindfold Tests a lot in my car while I am driving. This particular Blindfold Test has really seeped into my brain. I keep finding new treasures in it each time I listen. You outdid yourself!

Uhh, gee. Thanks.  This was the first one I've done and I was very nervous about it.

1 hour ago, hgweber said:

9. his single lines really sound like they influenced bickert. canadian, huh? the guy wes endorses in that tv interview? nelson symonds (sp?)?

YES!   What's the tv interview you speak of?