Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigbandrecord

LF : Sam Rivers Mosaic

89 posts in this topic

On 9/6/2017 at 10:45 AM, jazzbo said:

I'm right there with you Larry.

The only out of print Mosaic I'm still looking for is the Lee Morgan-Wayne Shorter VeeJay and I'm just not going to pay the prices that set commands these days.

Same here. I didn't get either of the Vee Jay Mosaics because I had the Blue Moon discs, but I came to regret it later. That said, they're *way* too expensive now.

gregmo

There is a copy of the Sam Rivers Mosaic for sale on the Steve Hoffman board for $65 right now.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 1:23 PM, Rooster_Ties said:

Here's one on eBay, opening bid only $50 (alas, no 'buy it now' option) - and reasonable shipping ($4).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mosaic-MD3-167-Sam-Rivers-Complete-Blue-Note-CDs-NM-Complete-with-CDs-box-book/332469395220?hash=item4d68b85f14:g:W24AAOSweZJaIfNn

Looks like this one sold for $97 (plus $4 shipping) -- so ~$100 does appear to be the going rate, at least based on this one auction.

Only two bidders got above $66, so I suppose if one of them hadn't been interested at all -- it would have sold for $67.  (But regardless, it actually was bid up to $97, so there you have it.)

Dave Thomas has a nice discogs marketplace.  I have bought several Mosaic sets from him at reasonable price.  He had a sealed copy of Sam Rivers.  Here is his discogs site.  I do not know if he is currently listing Sam Rivers, but worth inquiring.  I have no affiliation w him, but he is a class act.

https://www.discogs.com/seller/vpmad1/profile

You can mention Howard from Chandler if you contact him. 

Edited by hbbfam
Omitted text

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 0:14 PM, Scott Dolan said:

Ridiculous. 

well from our perspective it might be ridiculous, but when you look at other collectibles markets(not that cds/lps are necessarily considered collectibles)you and I might have a whole different outlook.   Sports cards markets is the first thing that comes to mind.

Fair point, but only in the sense that you’re looking at it as an investment that you may flip for a profit later. Personally, I’m just not that type. 

$30+ for a CD I simply want to listen to is pretty outrageous. 

5 hours ago, Scott Dolan said:

Fair point, but only in the sense that you’re looking at it as an investment that you may flip for a profit later. Personally, I’m just not that type. 

$30+ for a CD I simply want to listen to is pretty outrageous. 

well  the sam rivers - new conception JPN cd  just received my pre-order that I waited a month for from import cds for 12.23 ppd and dimensions and extensions from discogs for 9.48 ppd...contours JPN version is coming back out in a couple of months....,fuschia swing song JPN version can be had for 15.95 + 5.00 shipping on ebay.  My goal is to keep this sam rivers bluenote material expenditure under 55.00 delivered.  

2 hours ago, bigbandrecord said:

contours JPN version is coming back out in a couple of months

Where did you check upcoming releases to learn that Contours is being re-released in Japan?  I regretted not getting it when is was released a couple of years ago.

19 hours ago, sonnyhill said:

Where did you check upcoming releases to learn that Contours is being re-released in Japan?  I regretted not getting it when is was released a couple of years ago.

On this board........that's how I found out about  A New Conception.......it's under SHM blue note releases thread......LATE is the one that posted the extensive list.  Well 50 of the releases were released  Dec 6......I'm assuming the others will be also.....maybe I'm wrong on that.

Edited by bigbandrecord

It does not appear to be scheduled yet. May or may not be this year, hard to say.

Not sure how hard used copies of the Contours Conn is to find these days, but I know I've seed used copies more than a few times over the last maybe 10 years.

I would guess that with a little patience, one could be had on-line for $20 or so, these days (set up an automatic eBay search, and probably within 6 months one'll turn up for that price).

There's one on eBay right now for $29 +$3.25 or best offer, so maybe they'd let it go for maybe $22-$23.