2017 NFL Season

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, JSngry said:

They made a big push to get her to be league commissioner when Tagliabue retired. 

Being young is no excuse and I don’t believe the lack of habitual conduct should be a factor. I don’t believe Ray Rice engaged in habitual conduct and he never played again. I just saw the video and why he was not arrested is perplexing. Perhaps the woman’s conduct aggravated the situation and was a factor in why he was not arrested. 

At any rate, I think teams may stay away from him. 

Edited by Brad

33 minutes ago, Brad said:

Being young is no excuse and I don’t believe the lack of habitual conduct should be a factor. I don’t believe Ray Rice engaged in habitual conduct and he never played again. I just saw the video and why he was not arrested is perplexing. Perhaps the woman’s conduct aggravated the situation and was a factor in why he was not arrested. 

At any rate, I think teams may stay away from him. 

I think I may not have gotten my point across properly. 

You mentioned he’ll be poison and that “these guys” never learn. IMO, that is a very unfair assessment based on a single known transgression. From the ages of 13-21, I was either locked up, or on probation. 100% fact. I even turned 18 in a state prison in Florida. Now, I never committed a violent crime, but I also regularly heard that I would never learn/change. 

That life for me ended 27 years ago, and I’ve been a law abiding citizen ever since. 

People can, and do, learn. 

I’m glad you turned your life around. 

What I meant is that we are — and have been — dealing with athletes who are pampered from high school on, maybe earlier.  When they are put on a pedestal and allowed to skirt — if not disregard — rules, incidents like these are a logical result.  It would seem that based upon the experiences of others, some of these athletes would realize that they have to abide by the rules that the remainder of society has to observe. 

Fortunately, the numbers of transgressors are small.