LF(?):Thierry Bruneau 4tet Featuring Mal Waldron - Live At De Kave

JSngry

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

Just came onto my radar, seems to be stupid rare AND stupid pricey. Any ideas?

t02200196_0526046810533896572.jpg

Mal Waldron had some great late career recordings and some good one`s - (IMO) this recording belongs to the later category, as the chemistry between Bruneau and Waldron is rather limited and Waldron`s regular`s bass player`s (Ed Schuller !!) replacement Carlos Barreto fails to inject sufficient energy into the proceedings .... it is a pity because the song material chosen is first rate .... on a side note the tiny french Serene label issued with the subsequent release numbers two parts of the Eric Dolphy concert in Uppsala/Finnland from September 1961 and both here and on the Bruneau release Dolphy`s composition "245" is tackled - although Dolphy is not strongly supported by his band, the result is wonderful and puts another question mark behing the Bruneau/Waldron platter .... hope this gives you a better idea ....

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

As to what it is, yeah. But where does one go to find it at a non-stoopid price point?

Tiny label with I believe to remember 500 copies released .... 

Edit : If download is an option :

http://iq-music.com/jazz/3716026-thierry-bruneau-4tet-featuring-mal-waldron-live-at-de-kave-download-free.html

Edited by soulpope

• 2 years later...

So I ordered this from Japan trough Kupiku. Arrived today... broken. 3 scratches that go all the way trough the aluminium, it’s unplayable from track 2. Paid 40 euros for it and the chance for obtaining it again is very small. :(:(:( 

if any boardmember here own it and could make a mp3 Rip for me and share with me so I could burn a CDR I would be eternally grateful!

Edited by Pim

6 hours ago, HutchFan said:

Oh man.  That's a bummer, Pim! 

At a minimum, I hope you get your € € € back.

Yeah it is. Specially because it’s quite rare.  In the 15 years I am buying cd’s it never happened. Why does it have to be this one.... :blink:

5 hours ago, Д.Д. said:

Send a message to the Discogs users who own it, they might be willing to trade / sell or will rip it for you: https://www.discogs.com/release/stats/6965111#collection  

That’s a good idea, thanks!

Well Kupiku is going to refund zero euros, nada.... to some extent I can follow their reasoning: after all they resell products from Japan. But what I really do not understand: they do not check the items condition upon arrival at their warehouse. Now, what’s the trouble doing a little checkup if your customer actually gets what he ordered? 40 euros gone to waste, what a shame. Anyway, just beware of this when ordering from Kupiku.

Yeah I guess they could. I did not buy it trough Discogs but directly via their website. They indeed rate their product very conservatively (and are very, very expansive too). To a certain extent I follow their arguments: they are a ‘middle man’, selling stuff from other parties. But as I mentioned: what’s the difficult checking the items you sell? They are used, so opened and everything. If they did check it I did not lose 40 euros. 

To be honest: I did not expect this from them. Mostly they are very correct en customer friendly. I’d probably order from them again cause they are sometimes the only party but will be more careful in the future.