FS: Pair of PSB Imagine XB Bookshelf Speakers

AllenLowe

breaking down my mixing studio, since I am not doing a lot of work these days.

New these are $499 at Crutchfield. They are like new, work beautifully.

$200 plus shipping in the USA, will have to get a shipping quote when you order.

my email is allenlowe5@gmail.com, paypal is same.  Only gonna hold these for sale until next Monday, as I am planning on donating them if nobody here wants them.

Edited by AllenLowe

1 hour ago, Rooster_Ties said:

How do they connect, RCA-type phono jacks? Or bare wire?

I'm needing to purchase a new bookshelf type system, and I suppose I could be tempted by these (even before I've identified the system I'm buying).

Thx!

All PSB Speakers have five way gold binding posts. So you could use bare wire or banana clips. 

I think I probably ought to pass.  Must confess, every system I've ever owned has been a unit that already came with speakers.  So I'm not even 100% sure I could use these speakers with my current (modest) book-shelf system that I currently have in the bedroom -- let alone whether they'd work with a new system I haven't even bought yet.

Easily 8,000+ CD's (and maybe 1,000 albums) purchased over my lifetime (collectively, half of which I don't own any more) -- and horror of horrors, I don't know the first thing about stereo equipment.  (Well, maybe the first thing (just barely), but definitely not the second thing.)

Ever since my bookshelf multi-disc player in the living room died (after 10 good years of use), I've been playing CD's through the DVD player hooked to our HD-TV (using the TV's speakers for sound).  And I have a old thrift-store turntable Spontooneous got for me, along with a similar tiny amp and separate speakers.

It's really pathetic how little I know about stereo rigs, to be honest.

And yet, my gut tells me this is a pretty sweet deal that I'd probably love the results of, if only I could pair them with the right sort of (modestly-priced) system.

Not that Allen needs, or likely wants, my help, please allow me to chime in. PSB Speakers is one of the top "budget" speaker manufacturers in the world. Widely acknowledged, and highly awarded. Really, the Canadian companies are at the top of the heap these days. When I built my current system it came down to the PSB Speakers Imagine B and the Dynaudio Excite X12's. The ONLY reason I went with the Dynaudios is because I wanted them in his gloss piano black, a finish PSB Speakers didn't offer in the Imagine line. 

I paid $1200. 

These are a HUGE steal! 

Now, do you have the stats for the receiver/amp you'd be driving these with? I can help you figure out the matching aspect if you know your output watts. If nothing else, if you currently have the money, you could always buy them now, and I can assist you in any way that I can as far as what else you're looking to buy to power them. 

Your call, but I will give you any advice that I can. 

8 hours ago, Scott Dolan said:

I don't believe the XBs can accept bi-wiring. 

The picture I posted is from a review of the Imagine XBs: http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PBIMGXB

It looks like the Audio Advisor reviewer used a stock photo from a different model.

Edited by Kevin Bresnahan

I wish I needed speakers right now. I'd jump on those in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, I have no system to currently attach them to. 

My PSB Speakers M4U-1 cans are the sweetest headphones I've ever owned. Gave away my Sennheiser 595's after getting the PSB's. They are that superior. 

I don't know what magic formula PSB Speakers has stumbled upon, but they have a leg up on the competition at this point. 

1 hour ago, AllenLowe said:

not a problem, Scott, I can use all the help I can get.

How much to ship to Washington DC? (Zip = 20010)  Or lemme know if you need a specific address to price the shipping.

I'm about 75% convinced I ought to buy these, and get a decent (modest) system to go with.

2 hours ago, disaac said:

If RT talks himself out of it, I actually could really use these and will happily buy them from you, Allen.

I'm not uninterested, but please feel free to email Allen (which I haven't even done yet). I just didn't want to pass up such an incredible bargain (only to have them ultimately donated somewhere).  But it sounds you have way more definite and specific plans for them than I do.

If you'd like to take advantage of the offer, by all means feel free.

Or if nobody else wants them here, I'll be glad to take them (but don't have my heart set on them or anything).

I gotta leave the country Wednesday for 2 weeks, so whoever wants 'em first gets 'em. As for shipping, I'll estimate what is probably high, $50 insured, and will refund the difference if there is a difference (or request above that, but these days, shipping prices have changed so much, I have no idea). But unless people want to wait 3 weeks or so, I will need a decision so I can pack 'em this weekend -

4 hours ago, AllenLowe said:

I gotta leave the country Wednesday for 2 weeks, so whoever wants 'em first gets 'em. As for shipping, I'll estimate what is probably high, $50 insured, and will refund the difference if there is a difference (or request above that, but these days, shipping prices have changed so much, I have no idea). But unless people want to wait 3 weeks or so, I will need a decision so I can pack 'em this weekend -

I hereby give user "disaac" above right of first refusal (or anybody else here too, just jump on in an contact Allen).  But, Allen, if it turns out nobody else here wants 'em -- and before you just go donating them somewhere -- I'm about 90% sure I'd be glad to take 'em off your hands.