Music shops in Italy

vodka

On 12.9.2017 at 2:16 PM, vodka said:

Folks, going to be in Rome, Venice etc starting tomorrow. If you know of any worthy record/cd stores, please do share a couple of names.

Thank you.

Funny, I see my name here is "vodka". It was Trane before. How's that possible????

If you happen to be in Florence, there's the Twisted Jazz Shop in the Oltrarno part (other side of the Arno - Borgo S. Frediano, 21R) - not cheap at all, but excellent selection! It's right next to Santa Maria del Carmine (with the Bancacci Chapel), which is one of the must-see places anyway ... and you can then go for "trippa" (chitlins kinda stuff - if you're into this type of food, it's amazing!) at Il Magazzino, just a couple of hundred meters from there (I also tried the fantastic lampredotto at Il Nerbone in Mercato Centrale - took me a while in there to find the stand, but it was more than worth it ... check out this site if you're into it: https://www.visitflorence.com/eating-and-drinking-in-florence/florence-street-food.html)

Was offline for most of the week, finally someone came by to fix the connection today ...

In case Bologna is planned, too (don't miss the "sette chiese"!), I checked out three stores there, none really great, but I found some discs in two of them (one wasn't really worth the visit but I'm not sure which one that was):

- Discorama (Via Dè Monari, 1 - www.discoramabologna.it)

- Disco d'oro (Via Galliera, 23 www.discodoro.it)

- SEMM Store (Via Guglielmo Oberdan, 24 - www.semmstore.com)

I think the third one was the one I felt afterwards like I could have, should have skipped (I think it has more of today's hipster vinyl stuff) ... even more so as to me, in Italy, music shopping really takes a back-seat with me ... in Milan, there is an amazing classical store that I would return to, but there is so much to see everywhere, spending time in music shops is really (almost) a waste of time!

--

and as for Florence, that should read "Brancacci" of course - it's a marvel! I bought a ticket in advance (did the same for a few other places - won't help you with the Duomo alas, as there entrance is free and everybody has to queue) and had to be there at a certain time, thus ... but it's definitely worth visiting:

Some pics here: http://www.museumsinflorence.com/musei/Brancacci_chapel.html

Official site (official tickets, too): http://museicivicifiorentini.comune.fi.it/en/brancacci/informazioni.html