Harvey Weinstein story in New Yorker...truly shocking

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 20-11-2017 at 11:11 PM, JSngry said:

No, it's not just them. You'll find that behavior in every status/stratus. Calling it out among the powerful/famous is just the tip of this iceberg.

I'm afraid that is how it is. The downside about this with the rich and famous is that people talk about it in the way as "thrill seeking". At least that's how it feels to me. Earlier this evening a man talked to me in a conversation about the "me too- hype" , literaly, after seeing a show where a comedian had a piece in his show about it. I understood what he meant to say, but as a woman I felt to warn him not to use that term in that way since that is not what it is about and to people it happens to, it ís a nightmare and has nothing to do with any thrill what so ever. Since it seems distant, since it seems just to be about "the rich and famous" it seems to be not from every day life but well, I'm afraid it is more common than we would want to believe it to be.

Edited by page

OK everyone -- I'm going back and deleting every post (or parts of posts) on this thread that seem/seems to me to be political -- "political" in the specific sense that it targets a present or former or would-be office holder or says that adherents or backers of one political party are more  complicit here. The rest of the thread, so it seems to me, should stand. (If I missed something, let me know.)

And let that be the END of trying to do this stuff here. I've got better ways to spend my time than cleaning up after the circus parade.

9 hours ago, Scott Dolan said:

For christ sake, Paul. This thread has been political since October 10!

Did you not notice for the last 9 pages, or are you simply outraged now that I have mentioned something political? 

have no idea what you posted but congrats! You got the political forum taken away, and now ended any mention of any politicians when the shit is really going to hit the fan......but that's what you wanted eh?????

15 hours ago, BERIGAN said:

have no idea what you posted but congrats! You got the political forum taken away, and now ended any mention of any politicians when the shit is really going to hit the fan......but that's what you wanted eh?????

Your posts were removed, too. I “wanted” nothing. But hey, whatever makes you happy. 

And the political forum has been gone for at least a couple of years now. There were four people responsible for that. Two were banned, and one is the owner of this website. But if you want to give me all the credit, hey why not? It’s consistent with your standard operating procedure. 

Edited by Scott Dolan

Chris Matthews is crazy (and getting crazier), but I still think he understands the way politics work (or don't) as well as anybody.

But definitely crazy (and getting crazier). I've never seen anybody talk over people they essentially agree with the way he does. Crazy, and getting crazier.