Duke Pearson - Prairie Dog

Herbie Hancock - Future Shock

Horace Silver - Hardbop Grandpop

Joe Henderson - Four!

John Patton - Minor Swing

Lou Donaldson - Midnight Soul

McCoy Tyner - New York Reunion

Stanley Turrentine - More Than A  Mood

Thanks Kevin have about 80% of those.  Gonna go with the John Patton Nilva record instead, and I think Midnight Soul is a comp of two Argo LPs?

1 hour ago, Dan Gould said:

Thanks Kevin have about 80% of those.  Gonna go with the John Patton Nilva record instead, and I think Midnight Soul is a comp of two Argo LPs?

I like John Zorn's playing on Patton's "Minor Swing". I don't have that Nilva record. Should I? :)

Donaldson's "Midnight Soul" is a weird gold-plated French CD that combines the Argo LPs "Signifyin'" & "Possum Head" (minus one track - "Secret Love"). It's one of the few non-Blue Notes by Lou that I return to with any regularity. His later Muse and Milestone dates don't do much for me.

1 hour ago, Kevin Bresnahan said:

I like John Zorn's playing on Patton's "Minor Swing". I don't have that Nilva record. Should I? :)

Donaldson's "Midnight Soul" is a weird gold-plated French CD that combines the Argo LPs "Signifyin'" & "Possum Head" (minus one track - "Secret Love"). It's one of the few non-Blue Notes by Lou that I return to with any regularity. His later Muse and Milestone dates don't do much for me.

We'll have to agree to disagree about Zorn's contributions. I am pretty sure I had that one or maybe just some live recordings of them together and Zorn didn't work for me. But I'm pretty sure you should have the Nilva record. Jim S. will second that motion..

As for LD I enjoy his Argos so an excuse to pull out two always works. May throw in Musty Rusty to hear Grant.

1 hour ago, Dan Gould said:

We'll have to agree to disagree about Zorn's contributions. I am pretty sure I had that one or maybe just some live recordings of them together and Zorn didn't work for me. But I'm pretty sure you should have the Nilva record. Jim S. will second that motion..

As for LD I enjoy his Argos so an excuse to pull out two always works. May throw in Musty Rusty to hear Grant.

I may be confusing "Minor Swing" with "Blue Planet Man". Both have Zorn on it. I'll have to check again later. My PC at work is all messed up after they switched me to Windows 10.