Does anyone here recall the bank commercial with music by Benny Goodman?

Hardbopjazz

I found a reference on line to a Benny Goodman recording of "How Am I To Know" in some 1991 commercials for Chase Manhattan.  Of course, Benny was gone by then.

However, you might remember the American Express commercial he did.  I can't remember how to insert videos here, but it's fairly easy to find it on line.

3 hours ago, jeffcrom said:

Probably not helpful, but I remember a commercial from my childhood with Benny Goodman doing a voiceover and and "Jersey Bounce" - possibly with lyrics about whatever product or institution was being advertised - which I don't remember. How's that for some detailed information.

How about this one?: 

Finally figured out how to do it.  Here's the American Express commercial:

Edited by jazztrain

The brain cell fired up and I was able recalled the tune title. It was "How am I to Know?" I couldn't find the commercial on youtube. 

15 hours ago, jazztrain said:

I found a reference on line to a Benny Goodman recording of "How Am I To Know" in some 1991 commercials for Chase Manhattan.  Of course, Benny was gone by then.

However, you might remember the American Express commercial he did.  I can't remember how to insert videos here, but it's fairly easy to find it on line.

yes that was the one.

3 hours ago, jeffcrom said:

I was remembering a radio commercial, and I think it was for GEICO. And I just flashed on the opening line sung by a chorus to "Jersey Bounce" - "Good drivers can save a lot...."

From the NY Times on January 13, 1978:

>>>

Goodman for GEICO

On TV and radio and in print starting Monday, Benny Goodman, the king of swing, will begin his stint as a promotor of insurance from the Government Employees Insurance Company.

And his famous clarinet and “Jersey Bounce” will be teamed up to push auto and home owners’ insurance.

And if you want to know who is responsible for such obvious lines as “Swing to GEICO Today,” and “Here's a happy note on auto insurance—swing to GEICO for lower insurance rates,” blame Wunderman, Ricotta & Kline, a subsidiary of Young & Rubicam.

>>>