James Spaulding 45 (East Records)

JSngry

16 hours ago, clifford_thornton said:

I assumed that, rather, it was associated with The East as in the cultural center in Brooklyn active during the 1970s (Mtume Umoja Ensemble; Pharoah Sanders; etc.).

I have a nice-sounding rip of it and it's a very fun listen. Originals are rare as hen's teeth and about as expensive.

I didn´t even know Spaulding made 45 rpm record. As much as I know his music a 45rpm would not offer enough space of time for his outbursts.

As for "the East" yes I remember it as the place where Pharoah made his album "Life at the East". Imho one of the best albums he ever did. It was my first then in the 70´s and I still have it. Mtume? The great percussionist who later played with Miles ?

• 1 month later...
On 11/21/2017 at 11:07 PM, Gheorghe said:

I didn´t even know Spaulding made 45 rpm record. As much as I know his music a 45rpm would not offer enough space of time for his outbursts.

As for "the East" yes I remember it as the place where Pharoah made his album "Life at the East". Imho one of the best albums he ever did. It was my first then in the 70´s and I still have it. Mtume? The great percussionist who later played with Miles ?

Image result for mtume alkebu lan