I known many moons ago there was a thread on this topic. "What will you do with your collection when you die?" I want to discuss it once again. All my commercial released music, I know can be obtained by just about anyone, but who to leave it to when you have no one that will appreciate the music? Juxtaposed to the officially released music, I've accumulated a substantial number of recordings that just about no one else has. Other than some university, what or who to donate all the music to? Who do you plan on donating your music collection to when you check out?

One of my sons is an amateur musician and music-lover.  He's said that he'd love to inherit my collection when I'm gone. So it'll be going to him.

I consider myself very fortunate that one of my children has a love of music in common with me.  :)

Edited by HutchFan

On 11/28/2017 at 5:02 PM, paul secor said:

In wouldn't be surprised if it all ended up in a dumpster. If I'm not around, it won't make any difference to me.

+1. Not necessarily being pessimistic about music; the same could be said of my book collection and many other possessions...