Miles Davis Bootleg Series Vol. 6

bluesoul

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/10/2019 at 9:26 PM, erwbol said:

Just get off your high horse. This was released in the EU, and within the EU it is likely a legit release. It's currently not even available in the USA.

Now Sony can probably make copies of this CD and sell them. Legal in the EU! 

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 2:26 PM, erwbol said:

This was released in the EU, and within the EU it is likely a legit release. It's currently not even available in the USA.

Well, it kinda is...

https://www.amazon.com/Lost-Quintet-Miles-Davis/dp/B07TC5PNXS/ref=tmm_acd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1573574298&sr=8-1

Hard copies come from the UK, but nevertheless...

On 11/2/2019 at 1:12 AM, erwbol said:

I wasn't aware Rotterdam 1969 had been released. Just ordered from Jazz Messengers for €11.98.

Some of the tracks are extreme in length like the 25 minutes Sanctuary. Could it be the re-broadcast was the first set, since this is the second? Or was it edited? I will have to check my hard drive.

Sanctuary is so long because the track includes I Fall in Love too Easily (or at least something that hints at it.). 

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:02 AM, JSngry said:

Not only do they come from the UK, they actually are delivered to American residential mailboxes. I'm a living witness!

On 3/26/2018 at 10:11 AM, Scott Dolan said:

Did you make sure they were CD and not LP? I saw a LP box on Amazon for $15 Saturday. CD box was stil $49.98. 

So I am confused.  Is there an actual Bootleg 7 or has this discussion now regarding the "Lost Quintet" release?

Edited by hbbfam

The only news about a Vol. 7 I have heard is that a set surrounding "Star People" material was proposed and probably worked on, then shelved, and as a result it was believed the series was canceled. Now there is news it is not canceled, and it's not certain to me if that set is now a "go" again or not. We are not likely to see a Vol. 7 anytime soon (just my guess, but I strongly "guess" that).

13 hours ago, hbbfam said:

So I am confused.  Is there an actual Bootleg 7 or has this discussion now regarding the "Lost Quintet" release?

Posted here a few weeks ago:

On 11/2/2019 at 5:29 PM, jazzbo said:

Pete Losin updated his website with a retraction:

Miles Davis Bootleg Series (October 2019)
Contrary to what I posted here several weeks ago, the Sony/Columbia Legacy Miles Davis Bootleg Series is still alive, although the production schedule has been slowed down. Beginning in 2011 and continuing until 2018, Sony USA released six volumes of live and studio recordings.

A seventh volume is in the works. Its release date has not been determined.

http://www.plosin.com/MilesAhead/mdNews.aspx

10 hours ago, Late said:

I wish there were a bootleg set covering 1971-1973. There are some well-recorded concerts out there. 

I think the 1971 tour band was not very well documentated and it would be interesting to hear some. 

Older friends have told me in a very enthusiastic manner about Miles Davis´ concert in Vienna in 1971 I think at "Konzerthaus". I was too young then. 

20 hours ago, medjuck said:

Sanctuary is so long because the track includes I Fall in Love too Easily (or at least something that hints at it.). 

No... the 25 minute length of “Sanctuary” is due to the fact that the track names and timings are wildly incorrect relative to the actual music

3 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

I think the 1971 tour band was not very well documentated and it would be interesting to hear some. 

It’s extremely well documented!  There are hours upon hours of concert recordings, albeit not by Columbia

17 minutes ago, Harbour said:

I order from them frequently on Amazon.UK and always been great

And they've always been fine for on Amazon.com, have used them as a secondary source for years.  They are a major seller, over 700,000 feedbacks on Amazon.

My limited experience with Movie Mars puts me in the 6%.

I ordered mine through Amazon Seller avatarmusic. Not the cheapest price (nor the highest), but the highest rating. Excellent service, no complaints. Actually arrived almost a week ahead of ETA!

But they appear to no longer offer the item. Probably one of the carpe diem things. If you want it, get it now.