Miles Davis Bootleg Series Vol. 6

bluesoul

‘Miles Davis & John Coltrane – The Final Tour: The Bootleg Series, Vol. 6’ Out March 23

Available in 4CD boxset and digital configurations, Miles Davis & John Coltrane – The Final Tour: The Bootleg Series, Vol. 6 brings together, for the first time in an authorized edition with state-of-the-art production, five mythic concert performances as heard by lucky audiences during the epochal Spring 1960 Jazz At The Philharmonic European Tour.

Showcasing the musical chemistry shared by Miles and Trane, The Final Tour: The Bootleg Series, Vol. 6 offers five of the best recorded shows from that pivotal 1960 tour (Coltrane’s last as sideman): two shows from Paris’s L’Olympia Theater on Monday, March 21; two shows from the next night at Stockholm’s Konserthuset; and one from Copenhagen’s Tivolis Koncertsal three days later, on March 24.

Edit: Amazon link

Edited by bluesoul

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, JSngry said:

The trees were the way to go.

But if you got them, you're obligated to get the legit release. That was the code then, that's the code now.

Absolutely ... but the Paris, Stockholm (and Zurich and Amsterdam) concerts are out in what I think are official editions. Also Düsseldorf (the one sans Miles, fake live).

Scheveningen (much better than A'dam) and some other sets only on bootlegs would have been more inspired choices, at least than Stockholm (Paris is so hot, I see why it *has* to be included)

On 12/11/2017 at 0:51 AM, soulpope said:

Actually available via this quality reissue by the Durch Jazz Archive - released not too long ago .... :

daviscd.jpg

How does the sound quality of this one compare to "Live In Stockhom" (which I consider excellent, and far better than "All of You: The Last Tour")?

1 hour ago, hbbfam said:

How does the sound quality of this one compare to "Live In Stockhom" (which I consider excellent, and far better than "All of You: The Last Tour")?

Sound quality (IMO) is excellent and compares favorable with "Live In Stockholm" (have this still both as Dragon vinyl and japanese DIW CD) ....