Which vinyl did you sell (foolishly) - to replace it with a CD or for another reason - and bought a vinyl copy later again ....

soulpope

I renounced indie rock for jazz in the mid-1990s. I sold all my vinyl for peanuts, to buy jazz CDs. One particularly bad trade I made was to swop "Screamadelica" and "Nevermind" on original vinyl, for Sonny Clark's "Cool Struttin'" on CD. 

In my defence, you couldn't buy Cool Struttin' in those days in England. That CD would probably cost you £3 new today, whereas those two albums would cost £100 between them. I don't even like Cool Struttin' that much either.

There were so many more - all the Smiths albums and singles,  flogged for pennies. I once inherited around 40 Zappa LPs. Because I'd ditched the turntable by then, I gave them to my sister.....

Edited by rdavenport

6 hours ago, rdavenport said:

I once inherited around 40 Zappa LPs. Because I'd ditched the turntable by then, I gave them to my sister.....

I once had mint original Verve stereo pressings of the first four Zappa/Mothers albums that it had taken me quite a while to track down (this was in the pre-internet era). Had to sell them for quite a bit less than I'd paid for them during a period when I was dead broke and needed the money more than I needed the vinyl. Replaced most of them eventually, but the replacements weren't as nice as the ones I'd had to let go. I haven't had a vinyl rig set up in years, but I still have all of my LPs, and every time I've been tempted to offload them, I remembered those Zappa discs and thought better of it.