Best video game system?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got Gamecube and a friend just gave me his Xbox after he upgraded to a 360. The girls and I have been really hooked on Star Wars legos - very fun! The one game I really want, though, is "Katamari" (sp?), which is only available for PS2 I think. :(

• 5 months later...

Well, four years after starting this thread, I myself now own a video game system. I bought a Wii on more or less a whim a few months ago, and now have 10 games for it. Prior to the Wii, the thought of buying a system for myself never crossed my mind. Now that I have one, I have to admit it is a lot of fun. And you can download and play all those great SNES and NES titles if you want.

• 3 months later...

We got a Wii for Christmas, a family purchase for my 2 kids and us. I’ve really enjoyed the sports pack, especially the bowling. My kids laugh because I really wind up and get into it – they fear I will smash the screen with the controller.

My son just got Super Smash Mario Party or Brawl or whatever – that’s all he plays. I haven’t really done much on the Wii and was worried it may end up being for the kids only.

But this past weekend on a short trip to Buffalo I picked up the Williams Pinball Collection at FYE for $20. It is so awesome! It brings back huge memories for me as I played just about all of these machines at one point. I was a pinball addict and I got quite good at it in the day (After playing for 2 hours on 50 cents, I used to sell my credits to make a profit and get a pop and chips). My son does not see the point of pinball of course, but I was his age (13) when several of these games were the rage in 1980. I guess the video options were Colecovision and Space Invaders.

Williams worked with Nintendo on the design of this game. The flippers and overall feel is very accurate. Even the little quirks of the games are all there, including sounds, ramps and flipper actions. The moves I used 28 years ago still work!

Not to sound like an endorsement, but some of my faves are here: Black Knight, Firepower, Funhouse, Gorgar, Space Shuttle and Whirlwind. The sounds are so realistic that it perfectly transports me back to the arcades and bowling alleys of my youth - I can almost smell the cigarette burns on the tables.

Anyhow, the point is, I may end up spending idle time in the arcades once again. Though this time at home and with a beer. ^_^

http://wii.ign.com/articles/859/859821p1.html