Mosaic Records is releasing a Savory collection set

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, mikeweil said:

Loads fine here. Prices on the Mosaics are the same as the before. The James P. Johnson is new on the list. Great.

Sent an e-mail & had a nice reply from Jorge. I'm waiting for some CDs to arrive that he believes will be in stock in January. I guess all is well.

On 18/12/2017 at 5:50 PM, medjuck said:

Huh!  What!!?  Do you have a link to it?  I can't find it on-line. Thanks.  And do you have the dates of the recordings? 

It's on the Savory podcast at savoryjazz.org from last November 19.

It consists of a live 1937 Diminuendo/Crescendo in blue',' a 1938 Jeep's blues from a Hodges jam session and the 1946 Duke/Django Carnegie Hall live performance.

Very exciting!  I will put in an order for this soon.  Glad that I did hold off on going the download route.  I wish that some Ellington was included, and if there is a later release of it (even a DL), I'll probably pick that up. 

I wonder if there is enough additional material to make up an entire 2nd box set, but I would assume not (in terms of quality of preservation and then reissue rights).

Edited by ejp626

On 21-12-2017 at 8:17 PM, J.A.W. said:

Works fine for me.

Does anyone know whats happening out there with the jazzmessengers website? Anyone who recently ordered something? I havent recieved an order confirmation or any e-mail at all. They dont respond to my sent e-mails either. On the order page my order is standing on pago acceptado for 4 days now, everything I ordered was in stock but nothing has been shipped yet. Very strange.

Edited by Pim

I contacted them 3 weeks ago about this problem and they replied as follows:-

We are truly sorry for all the troubles you had with our website (the truth is that we are having some technical issues, and we are about to change our website for a new one).

Everything seems to be okay now as I received an order within 3 days of paying for it.

Edited by grooveyard

6 hours ago, Pim said:

Does anyone know whats happening out there with the jazzmessengers website? Anyone who recently ordered something? I havent recieved an order confirmation or any e-mail at all. They dont respond to my sent e-mails either. On the order page my order is standing on pago acceptado for 4 days now, everything I ordered was in stock but nothing has been shipped yet. Very strange.

I sent a mail a few days before Christmas to inquire about their intentions to stock the Savory set and they replied (affirmatively) the same day with a very friendly mail.

Maybe they are slowing down between Christmas and New Year (festive season) right now too?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried to call Scott about this yesterday but couldn't get a hold of him--however, he emailed me and I wrote back, will definitely post any updated info that he might have to pass along.

UPDATE: Scott says "Best we can say is 2 to 3 weeks... which when you factor in Murphy's Law, comes to 3-4 weeks!"  So sounds likely to be very end of this month or beginning of next.

Edited by ghost of miles