Mosaic Records is releasing a Savory collection set

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My copy arrived today. It is always funny when you feel like you are one of the first buyers of a newly issued set, yet my limited edition is numbered in the 2400 range. 
I guess Mosaic randomly pulls stock, as I doubt the they sold 2400+ copies that quickly.

Yeah mine arrived yesterday. I preordered within the first few hours it was available and mine is numbered 2 thousand something which I couldn’t really care less about. I knew they didn’t go in exact order but I thought it was more in order than that. On the other hand I would love for them to have sold that many already.

And for those who get tired of only hearing about shipping notifications: the first 3 Coleman Hawkins tunes are the only ones I’ve heard so far. I am astounded by the audio quality seeing that it’s from 1940. And each song is truly a treasure. To think how close these recordings were to being lost forever. Might take a while to get to disks 5 and 6 which are made up completely of Count Basie material - what I’ve been looking forward to the most. But so far I’m enjoying it and hope you all do too.

Long live Mosaic!

I think they must have sold a fair few. I’ve yet to receive shipping notification.

I checked with Scott who indicated that they were still collating orders and they would get to mine sometime next week.  Hopefully this is due to the volume of orders but may of course be related to staffing etc

1 hour ago, king ubu said:

No shipping notice yet ... ordered months ago, to be shipped together with the Teddy Wilson. Hope it works out ... maybe dropping them a not tomorrow.

Flurin we’re in synergy again.  I’ve ordered the Wilson too.

I think Scott is working his way through the orders as quickly as possible. I felt guilty for slowing the process down by sending an email!

No doubt we’ll receive shipping notice on the same day , after all Scotland and Switzerland both start with the same letter. America get sets first and Zimbabwe last. 😮

5 hours ago, Clunky said:

Flurin we’re in synergy again.  I’ve ordered the Wilson too.

I think Scott is working his way through the orders as quickly as possible. I felt guilty for slowing the process down by sending an email!

No doubt we’ll receive shipping notice on the same day , after all Scotland and Switzerland both start with the same letter. America get sets first and Zimbabwe last. 😮

:):tup 

12 hours ago, Clunky said:

...And Italy is in the middle. Me, too, ordered the Wilson and the Savory togheter...

Was on vacation for 2 weeks and on my return I now see that the Savory set started shipping about a week ago. Good news ...

I had delayed placing my order but as it still hasn't shown up on the Jazzmessengers site i placed an order directly with Mosaic this morning and paid through Papyal (geetting a bit anxious about this ... ;))

Do any of you who placed an order only recently have any personal experience to share of how long it would then take for the shipping notice to arrive (assuming that they process their pre-ordered items first, understandably ...). Just so I know how much patience will be needed until they say that the set has been shipped ...

Edited by Big Beat Steve

Thanks, Flurin. In fact I received a mail from Scott Wenzel yesterday within 8 hours of placing my order (excellent reactivity!). He confirmed reception of my order and payment and said the sets ordered now should ship in the course of next week. So I am keeping all my fingers crossed that things work out that way ...

I downloaded the first three volumes that were released on iTunes, burned the files onto CD-R, and printed out the PDF of the accompanying notes.  About halfway through disc 4 of the Mosaic version and have to say this is so, so, SO much better than the iTunes experience of this music.  Much more information in the booklet, plenty of photos, and to my less-than-audiophile ears the music sounds better off the Mosaic CDs than it did from the iTunes files that I transferred to CD-R.  So glad Mosaic finally managed to get this set out into the world!  And really looking forward to the disc's worth of Basie/Young broadcasts that's new to this release. (All of the Basie/Young material is gathered on discs 5 and 6.)  

Edited by ghost of miles

Well, whaddaya know ...

After having ordered last Friday (June 1), today (only three working days later) I received an initial shipping notice stating that my order has been forwarded to the warehouse and that they expect to get the item out within 2 to 4 working days. Very pleased!

No matter where they may have been slow in the past, they certainly don't seem to lose time in processing the Savory orders ... :tup

So let's just keep our fingers crossed that the warehouse staff will be up to snuff too.

It's apparently a varied experience. . . I ordered my set on the 25th of May and yesterday got a tracking number and the set will be here tomorrow. Never got a shipping notice or a "your set is ready to ship." Was worried about that until I got the tracking number yesterday. Looking forward to receiving it.

17 hours ago, jazzbo said:

It's apparently a varied experience. . . I ordered my set on the 25th of May and yesterday got a tracking number and the set will be here tomorrow. Never got a shipping notice or a "your set is ready to ship." Was worried about that until I got the tracking number yesterday. Looking forward to receiving it.

Actually I found my shipping confirmation from that WIlliam B. Meyer company (that Jazzbo mentioned above) in my inbox this morning., so it was mailed late on 6 June. Complet with tracking number (though a search under that no. does not give any details yet - probably too early).

Anyway ... this is about as fast as one could reasonably expect from here.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:49 AM, jazzbo said:

Yep, a varied experience.  I ordered mine on May 23 but haven't received the shipping notice.  Sent an email to Mosaic yester day and Scott responded with

"Our warehouse is running behind because of all the orders coming through for both the Savory and Wilson sets. You should get a shipping notification sometime next week. We apologize for the delay."

Well, at least they're busy.

5 hours ago, trane123 said:

Yep, a varied experience.  I ordered mine on May 23 but haven't received the shipping notice.  Sent an email to Mosaic yester day and Scott responded with

"Our warehouse is running behind because of all the orders coming through for both the Savory and Wilson sets. You should get a shipping notification sometime next week. We apologize for the delay."

Well, at least they're busy.

Same here.

Anyway, my credit card was charged few hours ago.