Christmas albums by female singers

Milestones

7 hours ago, jlhoots said:

I love that Christmas song that Darlene Love would sing every year on the Letterman show.

A Christmas Gift For You is mostly female vocalist, and is an all-time classic Christmas record for me.

That Mariah Carey thing is a worthy homage, too, but that's not an album. This is!

Hello, Ronnie!

And then there's this!

8 hours ago, jlhoots said:

I love that Christmas song that Darlene Love would sing every year on the Letterman show.

Darlene Love recorded a full Christmas album a few years ago.

MI0000760784.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

It's okay, but it's hard to top the original "Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home)". which is one of the real gems of pop music.

Two legendary singers who never got around to recording a Christmas album, but there are a couple of wonderful holiday video clips to enjoy. 

This first one has become one of my favorite seasonal tunes, even if it is kinda depressing.  A captivating performance with no flashy camera work or quick editing -- just an immensely talented singer who could give a more compelling performance simply seated in a chair than most any singer today could give with loads of lasers, lights and backup singers and dancers to support them.

Next, a truly awful song given a much better performance than it deserves.  "Ya gotta do what Ethel does" -- where can I buy that on a T-shirt?  This video also contains the wonderful seasonal sentiment, "Imogene -- ya look like an idiot!".  This was probably shot on a mid-size TV studio set, but the old gal was still singing for the folks at the back of the balcony.  It must have been something to have to stand next to her while she was belting out this tune.