What Christmas Jazz (and beyond) CD (or LP) are you listening to right now?

mikeweil

I am spinning an expanded Jingle Bell Jazz playlist, which includes most of the original Columbia LP, the Herbie Hancock Cassavetes track that was used for the reissue, and the God Rest Ye Merry Jazzmen album.  

For those who don't know, you can now get lossless downloads of the Jingle Bell Jazz tracks that were not issued on CD.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I can't find the post now, but I remember two or three years ago that TTK said that his mom sang on Perry Como's Season's Greetings album.

When I was a boy we had two Christmas albums - that one and Johnny Mathis's Merry Christmas.

So this year I remembered, and pulled out my copy of the Como album, specifically to hear TTK's mom.

She sounded great, TTK!

9 minutes ago, GA Russell said:

I can't find the post now, but I remember two or three years ago that TTK said that his mom sang on Perry Como's Season's Greetings album.

When I was a boy we had two Christmas albums - that one and Johnny Mathis's Merry Christmas.

So this year I remembered, and pulled out my copy of the Como album, specifically to hear TTK's mom.

She sounded great, TTK!

Yes, she was with Perry from the late-1950s through the mid-1960s.  She is on the Christmas album from 1959 or 1960, which I believe is Season's Greetings.  A few years back, there was a PBS Christmas variety show retrospective that had a version of "Home for the Holidays," with an interlude that is not on the recording.  My mom is polishing silver in the kitchen, and she sings a few solo lines. I have not been able to find this on YouTube, but I bought the DVD from PBS.