Missing CD

I purchased a rare CD for sale on Amazon over the holidays from a a third-party seller located in NY/NJ but it appears that the CD may never have been mailed based on the sellers’s response to my email. 

Amazon tracking indicates that since January 1st the “package has left seller’s facility and is in transit to carrier”  In response to an email inquiry as to where the CD is as there has been NO movement since the order wa placed , the seller initially responded that the CD “shipped and is currently in transit” and then responded to me that “most mail does not show much recent movement around the holidays” and that the CD “was picked up by NYC mail carrier”  with no further explanation. USPS  Track and confirm does not show any activity since the order was placed.

Has anyone heard of this before ? I have a feeling this may be have been an Amazon scam.

Thanks 

Bob

Not sure it was a scam.  Look at the seller's star rating - that'll tell you whether it's a reputable seller.  Amazon will give you a range of delivery dates.  If you don't get it by the end of the range, you can ask the seller for a refund, which they'll usually give you because they don't want to tick off Amazon.

I had something like this happen to me recently.  I bought a copy of the Keynote Collection from a seller in Japan via Amazon.  It never arrived.  I waited until the end of the range (actually a couple of days after that), then asked the seller for a refund, which they promptly gave.  What happened to the package?  Who knows; not my concern - all I know is that it didn't arrive.  I didn't give the seller bad feedback, because I assume it wasn't their fault either.

I once sold a CD on Amazon, mailed it and the buyer didn't receive it. I had affixed postage and skipped a trip to the post office for a tracking number. After asking permission to wait a couple of more weeks for it to show up, I granted a full refund including postage. About two months later, the buyer told me that the package arrived with uncanceled stamps. Who knows what the USPS did with it for all that time.

It happened once to me that a CD I sold via amazon didn't arrive - regrettably it was the CD reissue of the first Jazz Crusaders album (I had gotten the Mosaic box a while before). I refunded the buyer, don't know if it turned up later. Happened once or twice that CDs I had ordered didn't arrive. Over all those years, a pretty normal rate.

I have been waiting for a month for a large (10-12 CD's) shipment from CDJapan, and we know their reputation is good.  And about a month for a small shipment (2 CD's) from Momox in Germany through Amazon.  I've had other things in the past that never arrived from Momox, but they've always been good about issuing prompt refunds.

If its never hit the tracking system, the guy didn't ship and is lying to you. That would be my supposition based on the facts at hand.

I'd say you should continue to wait to the end of the range of shipping dates, or don't even bother demanding a refund. You can go thru Amazon customer service (I always use the chat system) to ask for a refund. 

I've yet to have Amazon not do right, although they just charged a restocking fee for some baby furniture that didn't last too much after the water got hot. Totally reasonable charge, but not explicitly stated at any point in the process...would've been nice, Still, can't protest a restock fee for 7 month old furniture.

But granfolks - don't let your kids talk you into buying this just because it's uber-affordable. You DO get what you pay for!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017XRDV5S/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

14 hours ago, felser said:

I have been waiting for a month for a large (10-12 CD's) shipment from CDJapan, and we know their reputation is good.  And about a month for a small shipment (2 CD's) from Momox in Germany through Amazon.  I've had other things in the past that never arrived from Momox, but they've always been good about issuing prompt refunds.

Received my CDJapan order today, five weeks after it shipped, so hope springs eternal..

Yeah, if you don't pay the extra for EMS(?) shipping, CD Japan can take a while. It's not the most expensive option, so if you're in any kind of hurry and figure, hey, I'm already paying THIS buttload of money for the CDs, what's this little bit of extra semi-buttload? then definitely treatcherelf!

So.... I recently purchased a single CD from an ebay seller. Seller mailed the cd with tracking. Tracking posted 3 separate processing points then stopped..... I contacted the USPS customer service. They said they would attempt to locate the item and call me back. They called me back!!! Was told the item was probably lost in some "equipment" (ie. large canvas mail bin ) because it was a single cd and probably a small package. Said I may receive it sometime when the equipment is used again. :huh:

Thanks to ebay's buyer protection plan I was reimbursed but I would have liked the cd. ha ha ha ........still waiting for USPS to reuse that "equipment"! ha ha ha

I must say it was unfortunate but I was impressed by the postal  service response. S#%T Happens........... If that was the worst thing that happened to me in 2017 I would have said I had a spectacular year!!!!!

Good luck.

21 hours ago, JSngry said:

I've yet to have Amazon not do right, although they just charged a restocking fee for some baby furniture that didn't last too much after the water got hot. Totally reasonable charge, but not explicitly stated at any point in the process...would've been nice, Still, can't protest a restock fee for 7 month old furniture.

But granfolks - don't let your kids talk you into buying this just because it's uber-affordable. You DO get what you pay for!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017XRDV5S/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

Crap.  My wife and I are expecting our first child this month and I believe that is the chair that is sitting in the baby's room.  :wacko:

Yours may well be fine. Ours was not. Just keep ALL documentation, b/c if yours gets funky after 7 months or so, Amazon's default response will be advise you to contact the manufacturer - and they did NOT have that info on file, they thought they did, but did not. Even take it off the box if you have to.

No matter, it didn't like, fall apart or anything, it just got a crack in the wooden frame the let itself be known before any damage happened, just...pay attention, and all should be well.

And congrats on the upcoming baby, positive energy of all types coming you all's way. Embrace the challenges and the joys as strongly/fully/equally as possible, and remember, now, you got to be responsible for somebody else other than yourself, for a good while (hopefully).

• 1 month later...

I recently bought a new and sealed CD (Woody Shaw - Blackstone Legacy) from a large eBay seller with whom I had countless earlier transactions and found the jewel case empty. Never happened before to me. I got a refund without any discussion, although I would not have blamed them for not believing my story.

• 2 months later...

I ordered a cd box set from Amazon.uk  (shipped to USA).  It didn't arrive after a month, so I inquired and asked for a replacement.  Amazon.uk sent a replacement and the replacement arrived normally.  Then a couple of weeks later, USPS delivers an 'unsealed cd box set' wrapped in a clear plastic bag with a note from USPS stating the package was damaged.   It was a book-style cd box set that had 4 cds.  CDs looked ok.  Very strange.

Edited by Tjazz

On 1/8/2018 at 9:15 PM, bebopbob said:

I purchased a rare CD for sale on Amazon over the holidays from a a third-party seller located in NY/NJ but it appears that the CD may never have been mailed based on the sellers’s response to my email. 

Amazon tracking indicates that since January 1st the “package has left seller’s facility and is in transit to carrier”  In response to an email inquiry as to where the CD is as there has been NO movement since the order wa placed , the seller initially responded that the CD “shipped and is currently in transit” and then responded to me that “most mail does not show much recent movement around the holidays” and that the CD “was picked up by NYC mail carrier”  with no further explanation. USPS  Track and confirm does not show any activity since the order was placed.

Has anyone heard of this before ? I have a feeling this may be have been an Amazon scam.

Thanks 

Bob

Did you ever get this CD or your money back?

I recently bought a cd from an eBay seller in Japan and the tracking shows it arrived in NY on May 5 but no activity since then. I'm fearing that it's probably lost.  I went to the Post Office yesterday and someone is supposed to call me back.  

I once purchased a 5-CD set on Amazon for what seemed like a crazy low price, under $17, free shipping from UK when other sellers were well over $40 (current low price is $60). The set had been on my wish list, so I jumped on the offer, but I had a feeling I was taking advantage of a pricing error. The UK shipper claimed to have shipped, but did not provide a tracking number and the item never arrived. He (extremely) promptly issued a refund, but I suspect that he realized the pricing error and never actually shipped.