jazzmessengers.com

Dan Gould

Anyone with recent experience with this usually reliable outfit?

I ordered last Saturday and have received no emails, not even auto-reply acknowledgement let alone shipping confirmation. I know their website was down for a period of time but this is disappointing if they are still having issues.  I've emailed them to find out but I am wondering if any others have recent experience with them.

Thanks!

I've only used them once or twice, ever. 2 of the three went seamlessly, but the one that went south wen all the way south. It was resolved eventually, properly, and courteously, but wow, so far south before it did...unshipped merchandise, RE-shipped merchandise, unshipped merchandise delivered, shipped merchandise delivered a week later, card charged once, had to BEG them to charge me again ("most people aren't this honest", they said) so I could give the dupes as gifts...I decided that they serve a market, sure (and apparently quite well) but the overseas thing can get complicated, and when it does,, more trouble than it can be worth in the days of Amazon.

2 hours ago, JSngry said:

I've only used them once or twice, ever. 2 of the three went seamlessly, but the one that went south wen all the way south. It was resolved eventually, properly, and courteously, but wow, so far south before it did...unshipped merchandise, RE-shipped merchandise, unshipped merchandise delivered, shipped merchandise delivered a week later, card charged once, had to BEG them to charge me again ("most people aren't this honest", they said) so I could give the dupes as gifts...I decided that they serve a market, sure (and apparently quite well) but the overseas thing can get complicated, and when it does,, more trouble than it can be worth in the days of Amazon.

That's the thing, I've ordered several times and had excellent service every time with rapid shipping times too. That free shipping over 80 euros is pretty good with their depth of stock. Then their website was down for weeks it seemed, when it came back I placed an order last weekend and nothing so far ... I think I saw a post in another thread that mentioned website troubles and things slipping thru cracks, hopefully that member will see this and post.  And most importantly I get an email reply soon.

Jorge (customer service) is usually pretty good about replying.

That said I've had a similar problem to the one JSngry describes above. Everything worked out in the end. FWIW, the package I sent back to them (duplicate) took almost 3 months to get to Barcelona.  I guess it depends on how bad you want something that you can only get from them.

I've had 4-5 orders with them, always just above the free shipping threshold,  over the years, including one in November, and have always had good experience.  Depending on the nature of their website crash, they may have had to restore from an out-of-date backup, and may have lost some data.  I'd encourage lots of communication with them to ensure they have the order.

3 hours ago, J.A.W. said:

Jorge always has always answered my e-mails within a couple of working-days (Monday-Friday) and I've never had any problems with them. I guess things within the EU are going smoother than outside. Overseas shipping can be a pain.

Overseas shipping to USA seems very slow right now - maybe a combination of weather and holidays.  I had to wait more than a month for a shipment from ever-reliabe cdjapan, and have been waiting well over a month from not-so-reliable momox.

Always had very good, prompt service from them. Packaging usually excellent too, e.g. for Mosaics. In fact, their packaging is as good as the ‘old’ Mosaic.

They are first port of call for me, as there is nothing to match here in the UK these days (Honest Jons excepted).

Edited by sidewinder

14 hours ago, J.A.W. said:

Jorge always has always answered my e-mails within a couple of working-days (Monday-Friday) and I've never had any problems with them. I guess things within the EU are going smoother than outside. Overseas shipping can be a pain.

Is that the info@ email Hans? That's what I used.

I've been usually very impressed with the speed of shipping although come to think of it I think my last order in November had a lack of communication too - though it seemed to be taking longer and I sent an email, which did not garner a reply.