Hello O!

ghost of miles

Wow, that was frustrating. I'll spare the details but at least things are working. We are on the new server. However, I am unable to update the actual forum software, which is the entire reason we moved servers in the first place. I have an email out to the forum software company about the next step. Stay tuned.

52 minutes ago, Jim Alfredson said:

Wow, that was frustrating. I'll spare the details but at least things are working. We are on the new server. However, I am unable to update the actual forum software, which is the entire reason we moved servers in the first place. I have an email out to the forum software company about the next step. Stay tuned.

Thanks for what you're doing, Jim.

You're welcome. I was pretty stressed out the last few days because the server company was not really helping. I had to basically threaten to pull my business. I've never had any kind of issue like that with them before but they sold the company a few years ago (it was started locally by a kid in his bedroom) and since then the response time and quality of the tech service has taken a bit of a hit. I let them know I wasn't happy about how nonchalant they were while things were down and thankfully they stepped up.

The good news is that the forum is running on the new server and everything is ready to upgrade the forum software. It just can't be done via the admin panel, which is how I've done it in the past. This is because the database is missing a specific table for some reason. I pay Invision, the software company that makes the forum software, a yearly fee for support, which includes installation, so hopefully they will help soon.

50 minutes ago, Jim Alfredson said:

You're welcome. I was pretty stressed out the last few days because the server company was not really helping. I had to basically threaten to pull my business. I've never had any kind of issue like that with them before but they sold the company a few years ago (it was started locally by a kid in his bedroom) and since then the response time and quality of the tech service has taken a bit of a hit. I let them know I wasn't happy about how nonchalant they were while things were down and thankfully they stepped up.

The good news is that the forum is running on the new server and everything is ready to upgrade the forum software. It just can't be done via the admin panel, which is how I've done it in the past. This is because the database is missing a specific table for some reason. I pay Invision, the software company that makes the forum software, a yearly fee for support, which includes installation, so hopefully they will help soon.

Also from my side thnx for all your efforts .... the last days were similar to having lost home ....

I thought it was about moving to the new server, but started getting worried a bit, and started missing you all. This is the only web site I go to on a regular basis, everything else is becoming really boring these days.

Grand Thanks to the Grand Poobah!

p.s. much faster now!

Edited by mikeweil

7 hours ago, jlhoots said:

Wasn't working for a while today. Now back.

BTW, when on it seems "faster", or am I imagining things?

No, I don't think you are. It is noticeably faster for me.

Previously when I hit the submit reply button, there would be a delay of anything up to a minute.

Now the message is posted almost instantly.