Wesla Whitfield -- sad news

duaneiac

I received this forwarded message of an email sent out to those on the mailing list of SF bay area jazz singer Wesla Whitfield:

Dear Friends and Fans

I want to thank you for all the love and devotion you've given me over the years. I've had a wonderful time making music for you but it's become time to leave the room. I'm very comfortable at home with Michael and I am well looked after by the sterling hospice folks. I decided not to have any major interventions to try and cure what is a very large tumor and a severe infection.

I've had a great life and the thought of all you lovely people who have listened to my singing brings me great peace....

Much Love

Wesla

P.S. I probably won't be able to answer all your well wishes, but you can write to Mike and he'll read them to me..... mikegreensill@gmail.com

--------------------------------------

(Mike Greensill is her husband and pianist.)

I'm very saddened to hear about this.  Ms. Whitfield is one of my very favorite singers around today and she has been one of my favorites for at least 25 years.  I have at least a dozen of her recordings and she achieves marvelous moments on each one of them.

• 2 weeks later...