Bill Moody RIP

Balladeer

R.I.P.

Four of his Evan Horne novels were published in German translations - I found one in a bookshop when browsing through the mystery bins, bought it, and enjoyed it. As the originals were hard to get here and only at rather high cost I got the other three, too, the translator even vistited Moody in L.A. to get a better feel for the jazz scene, but you still notice that she is not that involved in the jazz scene. Some jazz talk is real hard to express in another language, so she did a very good job. I still would like to read his other books.

May he Rest In Peace.  A very fortunate man to have the talent and discipline to successfully make a career out of two very different artistic endeavors.  I read his Evan Horne book titled Bird Lives! and liked it.  I've meant to read some more of his books, but never got around to it.  I think the only time I saw him perform as a drummer was at the concert captured on this CD:

91P4i267Y-L._SX355_.jpg