NY TIMES NOTICE: US Tour of NYC Upper West Side Starts and Ends Feb.20:

from the NY Times:

ALLEN LOWE at Dizzy’s Club Coca-Cola (Feb. 20, 7:30 and 9:30 p.m.). Mr. Lowe doubles as an alto saxophonist and a kind of alternative cultural anthropologist. His histories of American popular music (“That Devilin’ Tune: A Jazz History 1900-1950” and “God Didn’t Like It: Electric Hillbillies, Singing Preachers and the Beginning of Rock and Roll, 1950-1970,” among others) reflect a fathomless musical knowledge and an iconoclastic streak. Those elements define his music too: a loose meld of American folklore, halcyon pop and free jazz. For this concert, Mr. Lowe has convened a 13-piece band to honor the heavy influence of John Coltrane’s 1960s work. He’s doing it in decidedly unconventional fashion, reaching back to the polyphonic sound of early-20th-century New Orleans.
212-258-9595, jazz.org/dizzys

Edited by AllenLowe

probably not, but here is our set list:

Funeral March: Watch Your Step/New Orleans is Sinking and so is Dixieland
Tiger Rage
Modal Stomp
Monk and the Evangelist
Of the Lamb
Exit My Mind
Enclosures
March of the Vipers Part 2
Vachel Vachel
Monroe Incident
In the Midst
Roswell's Dream
Play That Ladnier
Holy Roller Shakes
Name Her
Tar Roof Blues
Pee Wee Russell Enters Into Heaven
In a Lonely Place

Now hold on just a sec. Dizzy's is the Upper West side of Manhattan? My father had an apartment/office at 57th and 6th. My sister lives on West 89th street.

If Dad worked in mid-town and my sister is unquestionably  on the upper west side how the heck is Dizzy's the latter and not the former?

In all seriousness break a leg tomorrow. In the figurative, show-business sense.