Keith Jarrett/Gary Peacock/Jack DeJohnette: After The Fall, review

My review of Jarrett's "After The Fall" ahead of next Friday's release.  It's a terrific album of Jarrett's first public trio performance after his two year battle with Chronic fatigue syndrome or SEID.  It contains a number of classic tunes never featured on a Standards Trio album such as "Doxy", "Moment's Notice" and "One For Majid".  Enjoy.   http://bit.ly/2F21dTU

Edited by CJ Shearn

Like I said in the review it fits nicely with "Whisper Not".  I like this one quite a bit better than "Somewhere" as nice as that is, I need to revisit it. The trio was so consistent though some albums have more magical moments than others, all the albums they did  of free music are great, and wish there were more.

Edited by CJ Shearn

Thanks for posting , Really sounds interesting to me, since I have heard some very very good trio recordings with Keith, among one that was a tribute to Miles.

I liked his work with Charles Llyod, very very much the stuff he did with Miles, but the thing he became most popular with, all those solo concerts where everybody was crazy about, that was not really my stuff, I like it with a good bassist and a sharp drummer.......

50 minutes ago, Gheorghe said:

Thanks for posting , Really sounds interesting to me, since I have heard some very very good trio recordings with Keith, among one that was a tribute to Miles.

I liked his work with Charles Llyod, very very much the stuff he did with Miles, but the thing he became most popular with, all those solo concerts where everybody was crazy about, that was not really my stuff, I like it with a good bassist and a sharp drummer.......

I really like albums like the 6 CD "Sun Bear Concerts", the solo concerts while not everyone's cup of tea, are a different animal and draw upon different vocabulary.  I like "Sun Bear" over Koln.  The trio albums are all uniformly excellent, they are so consistent, I have most of them though "Bye Bye Blackbird" I do not yet have.  'At Deer Head Inn" with Paul Motian subbing for DeJohnette is terrific.