MLB 2018: let the games begin!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I had no idea the season starts Thursday (for the Sox at least) and furthermore, with a first four series that goes like this:

Rays

Marlins

Rays (Boston)

Yankees (Boston)

I'm situated to see the first 12 games of the season on Sunshine, ESPN or MLB Network.  Never had that happen but I guess it gives me more time to decide on whether I invest in the Extra Innings package for the first time or not.  I assume the cost is still around $160 for the year.  And now I realize that since I'm once again hard-wired into the internet with no data caps (Go to hell, Exede!)  and the quickest speeds I've ever enjoyed, I guess MLB.TV is another option too.

I know it's spring for the Yankees when Greg Bird is scratched from the lineup due to issues with his foot.  (As somebody commented on a Yankee forum this weekend, "Bird's turning into Nick Johnson 2.0.")

If any MLB fans here are T-Mobile customers, be sure to take advantage of the offer they're putting up tomorrow (as they did last year around this time)--free MLB.TV for the year if you download their T-Mobile Tuesdays app:

T-Mobile offering free year of MLB.TV

I had switched over to T-Mobile in February of last year for completely unrelated reasons, so this was a very welcome surprise at the beginning of the 2017 season.  Happy that they're doing it again this year (probably because they have a commercial relationship with MLB).